Anyone running a 200 rear on a Touring with ABS?

BlackSails

Where'd all the tread go?
Ride
2014 R3T
I just ordered and recieved a new set of tires for my 2014 R3T. Before having them installed I got to thinking, "I wonder if the "less than a 1/4" difference in diameter will effect the ABS?" (why didn't i consider this Before ordering? ... duh!) Anyway, I'd read of people running a 200/60r16 with no troubles but i can't find what year those bikes are (with or without abs). If it is gonna be a problem I'll need to order a 180 ... if not a problem has anyone had a installer balk at installing a size other than oem, given the possible abs issue? (When the ABS rotation sensor sees a difference in rotation speed from front to rear, it engages the abs).

You might have to install without air in the tire to squeeze it past the brake caliper. Almost positive that you won't have any problems with speedo it should take the chg. Some people are running 205/60/16 Darkside and they are not having any problems. I've just installed a Bridgestone 180/60/16. for this year. For the cost I'm trying DS next tire chg. Its half the price right of the bat. If I get dbl,to triple mileage then it would have been a good test.

You will have to let the air out, I run a 200 but I don't have ABS, but based on other's discussions of different rear sizes on standard/roadsters, it shouldn't be enough to make a difference.

I installed the 200/60R16 on my 2014 R3T ABS. Left the shop with no rain gear and rode/scrubbed my new rubber for 40 miles in a down pour. No problem though as I am waterproof. No problems with the abs either. Thanks ya'll for your replies.

just an fyi, my speedometer was dead on after loading the tripp tune for stock & slip ons. after installing the 200/60R16 rear i did note an approximate 4% change i.e. the speedometer reads 50 when the gps says i'm doing 48. Though oddly the gps says i'm doing 88 when the speedometer reads 90. So i may go for 3% next time i hook up the lap top and see how it comes out. Has anyone else determined the exact percent change from running a 200 rear tire on a touring?

Back