Rocket Touring - Yoke/Handle bar bushing and Valve clearances

madbiker9

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring
Hi All

I have a 2009 rocket touring

Great forum, I'm carrying out a full in-depth service on my bike to restore it back to as new condition. One thing I have noticed is a lot of play on my handle bars they rock back and forth so I'm sure the rubber yoke/handle bar bushing needs replacing. Checking the parts breakdown it appears this is only part of the very expensive yoke, does anyone know the part number or where I can buy better urethane handlebar bushings?

Also how often should I plug in tuneECU and re balance cylinders and at 13k mile should I be checking my valve clearances. As with many people 1 year in and still loving the powertripp tune!

Thank you

on the valve clearance they say at 20,000 i have 40,000 and have never checked them

Hi All
I have a 2009 rocket touring
Great forum, I'm carrying out a full in-depth service on my bike to restore it back to as new condition. One thing I have noticed is a lot of play on my handle bars they rock back and forth so I'm sure the rubber yoke/handle bar bushing needs replacing. Checking the parts breakdown it appears this is only part of the very expensive yoke, does anyone know the part number or where I can buy better urethane handlebar bushings?
Also how often should I plug in tuneECU and re balance cylinders and at 13k mile should I be checking my valve clearances. As with many people 1 year in and still loving the powertripp tune!
Thank you

I suggest finding a competent tuner familiar with Tune ECU.
I have my tune re-assessed once per year or whenever I make changes to the intake, exhaust or engine.

Thank you for the quick replies, good thinking on fighting however already done this to the max. I suspect when I dropped it a few months back to compressed to save the yoke plus it's 10 years old nearly and done 13k so suspect the rubber have worn out.

With this in mind anyone fitted replacement yoke/bar bushings. If so what's the part numbers or product?

Sounds I should be ok not to check valve clearances and balancing.

Back