Risers for the GT

I’ll give them a check again today. Possibly worked loose a bit. Probably makes sense as the vibes are definitely worse than when first installed. Had to cut an Allen key shorter to get 2 of the bolts due to tight access. That does concern me I’m not getting enough torque in those two.
You didn't remove dash display!!??

You didn't remove dash display!!??
The garage removed the dash display to fit them…but I used a shortened Allen key as my low tech solution to check the bolts stay tight, periodically. Checked again tonight…nothing loose.
What’s your thoughts on filling the bars with lead shot? As I’ve already put neoprene grip wraps on.

The garage removed the dash display to fit them…but I used a shortened Allen key as my low tech solution to check the bolts stay tight, periodically. Checked again tonight…nothing loose.
What’s your thoughts on filling the bars with lead shot? As I’ve already put neoprene grip wraps on.
Thoughts on filling the bars? nooooooooooo! Something is not right with original install. I would remove dash and start over. But get a decent allen wrench! Good luck!

Just to clareifie is the bars vibration giving u a problem?

Thoughts on filling the bars? nooooooooooo! Something is not right with original install. I would remove dash and start over. But get a decent allen wrench! Good luck!
I’ll take it back to the garage and get them to have a look…I tend to break things.

Just to clareifie is the bars vibration giving u a problem?
It’s just giving numb hands after a while. I had a similar issue with my BMW S1000XR at first. Rubber bushings, bar ends and neoprene grip wraps sorted that.

It’s just giving numb hands after a while. I had a similar issue with my BMW S1000XR at first. Rubber bushings, bar ends and neoprene grip wraps sorted that.
Lead shot might help
i learned that w/o my back rest i was gripping the throttle and trying to pull myself forward
the throttle locks help to ease the grip on my bars and that helps.

Back