Richard TTS Tune Launched - 186bhp at wheel with tune

Ask Richard then, I am not looking at his finger in the image above, or listening to his voice in the image,just reading the displayed data. The chart label says CF NONE, the Blue highlighted max power says 186.64 and the cursor on the actual graph line is stopped at 179.98. Richards handsome finger could be anywhere :) What sort of dyno do you have Richard Albans?

It was a lousy cold day. The 186 without correction factor was just a joke and Richard mentioned it.

It is 142 to 174hp. A 32 hp gain sounds reasonable to me. I don´t think the exhaust made any real difference and you will get similar gains with the stock exhaust.
It is already 22-24 with just an unrestricted map. As AFR at the end of the rev band goes down to about a very rich 11.5, going up to 12.8 will probably get you 5-8hp. Another 2-3hp come from the removed speed cutter, that limited the revs in fifth gear about 300rpm with the stock tune.

Ulf is onto it :) .. I just did one with a new Verex muffler and DNA. Stock bikes do 129-132 on my dyno. Verex muffler/cat delete and DNA did 176. 28 degrees day and I left it a bit rich for safety and rpm 7100. Wit a riskier tune and 7500rpm it would do 180.

It was a lousy cold day. The 186 without correction factor was just a joke and Richard mentioned it.

It is 142 to 174hp. A 32 hp gain sounds reasonable to me. I don´t think the exhaust made any real difference and you will get similar gains with the stock exhaust.
It is already 22-24 with just an unrestricted map. As AFR at the end of the rev band goes down to about a very rich 11.5, going up to 12.8 will probably get you 5-8hp. Another 2-3hp come from the removed speed cutter, that limited the revs in fifth gear about 300rpm with the stock tune.

Richard replied following to one of my friend, who inquired about Richard's new map.

"""

From what I can see Penner has given full throttle on road and sport settings and that's it. Speed limiter hasn't been removed. Its still 230kph.
I change ignition, fuel, more aggressive on the throttle maps and remove the speed restrictor.

""

Last edited:
I have emailed Richard, he is comparing his Tune with Penner, if his tune is better then he will sell else no point. Thats what Richard said.
I wrote him an email. he told me he makes the change however you like and it costs £160

It would help if you guys would actually look at what Penner has done by comparing his tunes with the stock tunes. First, Penner added fuel in the mid range to all of his tunes. Elsewhere he noted that the high end had enough fuel in his unrestricted map. In the US tunes, the ignition in gears 3-6 is advanced up to 3000 rpm from 3.6 to 47.5% throttle and to 3500 rpm from 59.5 to 100% throttle. The ride mode tables are all less restrictive, depending on mode, rpm and throttle position and set to 100% at full throttle in the road and sport modes. The US R and GT maps are nearly the same - Penner added fuel to to GT L tables in the mid range. This isn’t relevant because the F-L switch is at 4% throttle. The All Market Penner maps, to which Richard is probably referring, are a different story. For the R, the F fuel tables are enriched in the mid range as with the US maps. However there is no change to the ignition table I(3-6). Only sport mode is completely unrestricted at the top end and less restrictive from 11.8 % throttle and higher. The GT rain and road mode tables appear to be reversed, at least in the maps on the Tuneecu.net site. Remember that these tunes are free. Anyone can remove the speed limiter by paying 49 euros in the app.

It would help if you guys would actually look at what Penner has done by comparing his tunes with the stock tunes. First, Penner added fuel in the mid range to all of his tunes. Elsewhere he noted that the high end had enough fuel in his unrestricted map. In the US tunes, the ignition in gears 3-6 is advanced up to 3000 rpm from 3.6 to 47.5% throttle and to 3500 rpm from 59.5 to 100% throttle. The ride mode tables are all less restrictive, depending on mode, rpm and throttle position and set to 100% at full throttle in the road and sport modes. The US R and GT maps are nearly the same - Penner added fuel to to GT L tables in the mid range. This isn’t relevant because the F-L switch is at 4% throttle. The All Market Penner maps, to which Richard is probably referring, are a different story. For the R, the F fuel tables are enriched in the mid range as with the US maps. However there is no change to the ignition table I(3-6). Only sport mode is completely unrestricted at the top end and less restrictive from 11.8 % throttle and higher. The GT rain and road mode tables appear to be reversed, at least in the maps on the Tuneecu.net site. Remember that these tunes are free. Anyone can remove the speed limiter

So you suggest not buying the maps from Richard and using Penner's? However I see that there are no maps for Rocket R with VIN for 2023 models

Good evening Penner. Do you think you will post maps for European version Rocket R version, and with VIN pins for 2023 models?

So you suggest not buying the maps from Richard and using Penner's? However I see that there are no maps for Rocket R with VIN for 2023 models
i will buy it as long as I am getting 180bhp on rear wheel, if Richard will confirm that i will pay.

Back