Reusable hi-flo air filters for 2.5s

Necessary and ideal are not the same, it's not necessary to tune a gen 1 with intake/exhaust.

Buuut you should.

Running lean isn't the end of the world on a stockish bike, but you'll get better engine life and more responsiveness if it's not.

Last edited:
Necessary and ideal are not the same, it's not necessary to tune a gen 1 with intake/exhaust.

Buuut you should.

Running lean isn't the end of the world on a stockish bike, but you'll get better engine life and more responsiveness if it's not.

Below are my Stock spark plugs which were running
Penner tune running for last 10000km or 6000mikes
+ Werkes Exhaust for 8000km or 5000mikes
+ Deleted/uninstalled o2 sensor for last 1000miles
+ DNA air filter running for last 1500miles

image.png

Exactly. Penners tune + O2 disabled holds it in a good range of fueling.

Stock tune + O2 enabled will be notably leaner than this, strap line and fire ring on porcelain will be shift further due to being hot all the time.

A lot of canned tunes will work with various hardware since they're on the rich side of 14:1, so a little more air here and there are closer to ideal than the stock tune is.

Remember, Mama T is targeting Euro5 and Euro5+ standards, not power, not response, not mileage.

Exactly. Penners tune + O2 disabled holds it in a good range of fueling.

Stock tune + O2 enabled will be notably leaner than this, strap line and fire ring on porcelain will be shift further due to being hot all the time.

A lot of canned tunes will work with various hardware since they're on the rich side of 14:1, so a little more air here and there are closer to ideal than the stock tune is.

Remember, Mama T is targeting Euro5 and Euro5+ standards, not power, not response, not mileage.
How about stock air, stock tune and Vandemon pipes? It might be a month or so before I get a tune. Should I delete the o2 sensor and do the 12 minute idle?

Last edited:
How about stock air, stock tune and Vandemon pipes? It might be a month or so before I get a tune. Should I delete the o2 sensor and do the 12 minute idle?

just my opinion
when you do the 12 minute tune it will do nothing with out the 02 sensor working

I thought you had...it may help others who havnt yet had a go at this because of the wee gremlins in there waiting to bite us mere wannabe mechanics in the butt...yes that fuel line to the tank is all the fuel that will come down as it must have a shut off gismo in there...its an interesting chore for sure..
Hi There How do you remove the side panel with oil filler on it as i don't have a handbook Many thanks for any help as I am taking my alloy airbox off to get painted Satin Black like the Triple Black model

Hi There How do you remove the side panel with oil filler on it as i don't have a handbook Many thanks for any help as I am taking my alloy airbox off to get painted Satin Black like the Triple Black model
You shouldn't need to remove that to take off the plenum assembly, although I think Triumph instructs you to do so. Anyway, look in resources header (above) for a download to the service manual.

My memory of it is that you remove the filler cap and the screws beneath that hold a "collar" on top of that side panel. Then, it pops off (couple of clip in rubber things holding it on), but as I said I don't think you need to remove it.

You shouldn't need to remove that to take off the plenum assembly, although I think Triumph instructs you to do so. Anyway, look in resources header (above) for a download to the service manual.

My memory of it is that you remove the filler cap and the screws beneath that hold a "collar" on top of that side panel. Then, it pops off (couple of clip in rubber things holding it on), but as I said I don't think you need to remove it.
Many thanks for all your help and I will let you know how I get on Kind Regards Mark

Many thanks for all your help and I will let you know how I get on Kind Regards Mark
It seems like a lot of mucking around to remove the airbox but have had the rear carrier powder-coated satin black and it looks amazing so i am getting away from the shiny alloy and going black Have had all filler caps painted satin black also very happy with the result will post photos before and after when finished

Back