Reinstating the Wheelie Machine

Mike,
We need that side hack running!
How about a work party?
You, me, Dan & Rob.
Let me know when the parts are all in & we'll set it up!

Thanks Steve. My son will be arriving Friday evening for my 70th birthday and he'll help me get the front end pulled. It's a big of a chore because it is not longer stock with the leading legs. I have the springs, seals and set of All Balls wheel bearings. Barry Wrestle at KFG Racing will be able to get the forks rebuilt in a couple of hours. The big thing is getting the leading legs back together and torqued properly. I'll be taking photos as I pull it apart.

Nice - had to really think about that one for a few minutes! :D

As opposed to my Multi-Day-Tripper configuration .........

photo 4.JPG
That luggage would only get me to the cornershop and back! ;):(:eek::D

Only 4 days?!?

On a long trip on a bike, I'll wear my underwear for a week or so. Then I take them off and throw them against a wall. If they stick, I change them. Otherwise I'll put them back on and check them again in another week...

Only 4 days?!?

On a long trip on a bike, I'll wear my underwear for a week or so. Then I take them off and throw them against a wall. If they stick, I change them. Otherwise I'll put them back on and check them again in another week...

What if they dent the wall board??? :eek: :roll: :rolleyes:

So I’ve started the work. I’m really enjoying this “revival” of my first motorcycle, the bike I learned to ride on. Man it’s going to be great to ride it again!

R&G Crash Bungs - Done
R&G Engine Case Guards - Done
Battery Installed - All lights still work! Tickled the start button, it turned over so, that’s good news.
Steel Fuel Quick Disconnects - Done
Brake Bleed - Done
Tire Inflated - MAY be usable... need to clean them thoroughly and inspect.
Oil actually looks fantastic... but stinks of gas, so replacing it before starting.

New problems identified
1: Brake switch on lever needs some attention, intermittent functionality.
2: Need to remove Rocket link pipe from slipon so I can install it on the Daytona, sounds simple... it’s not.

The bikes got a ton of corrosion, but not much rust. Think I’m going do my best Ducatista impression and skip polishing and restoring everything until this winter and refer to it as....

PATINA

You are a mechanic animal!
Parts of TWO motors laying about all over your garage?!
Watch your step and don't mix 'em up!

Hey Rob, how about stopping over one afternoon and putting together that old 1957 Triumph 650 flat tracker I have sitting in the back of the shop.

Back