Reinstating the Wheelie Machine

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Step 1 Complete, it runs!!

Reviving my Daytona on Saturday after 3 years 9 months of being neglected! Thankfully I put it away with new plugs, air filter, oil, chain, and sprockets.

Need to evaluate the wheel and swing arm bearings and will do fork seals next week (unless they come in the mail by Friday).

The list:
Coolant Flush - Done
Oil Change, run it, change again. - Done
Fuel Quick disconnect replacement. - Done
Brake Fluid Flush - Done
New Pads
Chain Maintenance
RR wiring clean up and Solder
Fuel Filter - Skipping
Reinstall Exhaust
Tires
New Battery - Done
Frame Sliders - Done
Engine Case Guards - Done
Cable lube/clean
Integrated Signal Mirror Clean up/Solder
HID wiring clean up/Solder - Changed to Replace with LED Bulbs
Wash N Wax
Engine Bolt Kit Install
Fairing Bolt Kit Install

Soon to be reinstated! So....soon I’ll get to find out if I even enjoy sportbikes anymore
3F4789D5-9B01-4B51-9765-7BE07E473CCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Well that 's a heck of a bike to just leave gathering dust. What the heck is wrong with you mate?:roll:

Sorry, don't answer I can't read a post that long.

That's quite a mechanical "to do" list Rob. I guess I should quit procrastinating about pulling the front forks off my sidecar rig to get the tubes rebuilt

That's quite a mechanical "to do" list Rob. I guess I should quit procrastinating about pulling the front forks off my sidecar rig to get the tubes rebuilt
I thought I was dong pretty good cleaning the bugs off two bikes last night.

Reviving my Daytona on Saturday after 3 years 9 months of being neglected! Thankfully I put it away with new plugs, air filter, oil, chain, and sprockets.

Need to evaluate the wheel and swing arm bearings and will do fork seals next week (unless they come in the mail by Friday).

The list:
Coolant Flush
Oil Change, run it, change again.
Fuel Quick disconnect replacement.
Brake Fluid Flush
New Pads
Chain Maintenance
RR wiring clean up and Solder
Fuel Filter
Reinstall Exhaust
Tires
New Battery
Frame Sliders
Engine Case Guards
Cable lube/clean
Integrated Signal Mirror Clean up/Solder
HID wiring clean up/Solder
Wash N Wax
Engine Bolt Kit Install
Fairing Bolt Kit Install

Soon to be reinstated! So....soon I’ll get to find out if I even enjoy sportbikes anymore
3F4789D5-9B01-4B51-9765-7BE07E473CCD.jpeg
That looks very similar to the hiller at Schofield barracks. Where was this pic taken? Nice looking bike, love the color!

Nice bike and looks in great condition. When I saw the headline I thought it was going to be a 675 Daytona. You don't see many of the 955s.

Back