Reinstating the Wheelie Machine

That's quite a mechanical "to do" list Rob. I guess I should quit procrastinating about pulling the front forks off my sidecar rig to get the tubes rebuilt

Mike,
We need that side hack running!
How about a work party?
You, me, Dan & Rob.
Let me know when the parts are all in & we'll set it up!

This is mine - yes looks like a Speed Triple but is in fact a Daytona :D

A 'Speed-Tona' or Naked Daytona if you like

IMG_1092_tonemapped.jpg

You’re literally the only reason the 955i ever survived my “learning to ride” years.

I’ve long ogled your fork conversion, amazing. Who knows. I may fall back in love with the big tona and go crazy modding it. I’ll find out after a few rides.

I noticed parts are getting much more scarce for the D955i now, at least, for the late model engine from the final production batch (I swapped to the 06 motor in mine).

... I noticed parts are getting much more scarce for the D955i now, at least, for the late model engine from the final production batch (I swapped to the 06 motor in mine).
In general Crank, Rods, Pistons, Head should all be same as 02-05 and the stuff associated with the crankcases (& transmission) should be essentially 1050 Speed Triple.
I wouldn't have thought would be problem

I didn't notice off the bat, but now see you have the DSSA version

Hope you get the Daytona back on the road without any hitches :thumbsup:

As much as I love my touring there are still days I wish for something smaller and more nimble, miss my old zx6r and even the ST1050 was a sweet handling bike I'm comparison to the Rocket :rolleyes:

In general Crank, Rods, Pistons, Head should all be same as 02-05 and the stuff associated with the crankcases (& transmission) should be essentially 1050 Speed Triple.
I wouldn't have thought would be problem

I didn't notice off the bat, but now see you have the DSSA version

The PCV system on the older motor vs the new is the primary functional change I was after.

The new version cannot fail, old version failed me, this new motor as it was cheaper than replacing the 50 cent seal buried inside the engine that was bad.

The plan this winter is to strip the frame, turn it black, paint her BRG with Gold Airbrushed badging, and have a bizarre mix of all the telltale signs between the 2002-2006 bikes lol.

Or...

Trade it in...

PS: I just weighed it... 216 front 202 rear, that’s minus battery and gas. Not sure what people are talking about with Daytona’s being “Heavy”, it’s lighter than some of the 2018 1000s...

Hopefully you'll motivate me to get my Sprint going, I put an 03 Daytona motor in it almost 4 years ago, then never put fluids in and fired it up. On a related note, I had the Super Blackbird that I bought from Lupe out yesterday, never really rode it much last year. Great Caesar's Ghost, that thing is a monster, I think it would give my modified Rocket a run for it's money, 60-120 is unbelievable.

Back