Reason for Getting the R3

Because it's a caricature of so much of what is irrational about motorbikes.
It's the kind of thing that a bunch of engineers/designers would have thought up on a Friday afternoon after a few drinks. And Triumph went ahead & made it... gotta have one & support that.
Brilliant answer sir!

Still have my 1984 Honda V-65 Sabre that I bought new back then. Only has a bit over 3,000 miles on it... I rode the living He!! out of my 1983 Magna V-65 though. The Sabre's extremely low miles is because the foot peg position is such that my right inner ankle gets toasted by the engine case unless I ride with boots and back in the day I just wore deck shoes without socks and jeans. Although I'm smarter now about ATGATT, the other bikes need their attention...

The Sabre still really screams but the suspension is quite dated now compared to the newer bikes. I only replaced the OEM tires last year because she was really nagging me big time about how dangerous it was. I have to admit, the rubber was REALLY hard after 36 years, sort of like the eraser on an old pencil... :oops:

Honda V-65.jpg
It's like you jumped inside an '84 V65 time machine - beautiful!

For me, It was because it was unique. Everyone I who I ride with either are die hard super sport bike riders or they're into harleys only. Not that I dislike either of those. In a perfect world I would have one of every bike however, my pockets don't seem to be quite deep enough. So I decided to go with my rocket, which I love so dearly. I love that it's the only one in town. I love that there's a cult following. I love that you can supe them up to absolutely gap most other bikes. I love that it is still in production because I can always see myself owning a rocket.

Back