rear wheel bearings R3 touring

Hold up on MPN 25-1544 (rear bearings) It is the wrong part number. MPN 25-1558 is correct for front.

Last edited:
i know what u mean about being hard to turn mine was like that but i assumed that it was because of the spacer in between so i just keep putting them back and have been alright.
however i have worked on vehicles when making turns u hear a rumble and u replace the front wheel bearings some r deformed and some look like brand new. when u replace them the noise/rumble is gone. and often i have to replace the other side with in a year.

Ime glad this problem has been brought to the top again...another triumph design flaw me thinks here as i had the same problem...could,nt spin the bearing in the wheel but once out it span freely:rolleyes: Triumph have made the internal spacer too long in the wheel ime almost 99.9% sure. I have new rear wheel bearings waiting to go in and ime going to face a couple of thou off the spacer and load it up in the bike to torque specs then ile take it back out and see if the bearings still turn....Ive a feeling bearings are getting binned when the problem seems to be too much face loading when the spindle it tightened up..ile report back here with the results..

Ime glad this problem has been brought to the top again...another triumph design flaw me thinks here as i had the same problem...could,nt spin the bearing in the wheel but once out it span freely:rolleyes: Triumph have made the internal spacer too long in the wheel ime almost 99.9% sure. I have new rear wheel bearings waiting to go in and ime going to face a couple of thou off the spacer and load it up in the bike to torque specs then ile take it back out and see if the bearings still turn....Ive a feeling bearings are getting binned when the problem seems to be too much face loading when the spindle it tightened up..ile report back here with the results..
Awesome please do, I was wondering the same thing when I was putting it all back together.

Hi Joe
How did you get on with your rear wheel bearings? Just pulled the rear wheel to replace the tyre and seem to have the same issue as others on here in that the bearings seem hard/impossible to turn with your fingers.
Going to replace them anyway whilst it's apart, I have the rear wheels bearing numbers ,anyone know the numbers for the bearing in the cush drive? Cheers Pete

Back