2007 R3 won’t start

Misterpeck

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III
Hi all, this afternoon I went to go for a ride but my beast wouldn’t start. He did the usual spin of clocks and all lights lit up as should, pulled clutch in and hit the magic button... half a crank and now nothing, no dash lights no head lights nothing. Checked battery and was sitting 13 volts, no fuses blown and everything seems as it should but I’m no mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated

load test battery, can show volts but nit enough amps to start

Cheers I have the optimate plugged in and charging said battery to see if I can get him running, failing that I think it could be a dead cell, will know in a few hours.
Been using it regularly too, only been stood idol for 36hrs after a 75 mile ride so am gutted

It may be battery but check your key-switch
One simple test for key-switch failure is to turn on key, then check Horn/Brake-Light/Turn Signal operation (when key-switch fails, that circuit is normally unaffected, while the lights and ignition are)
If those functions work, probably looking at key-switch issue - if they don't, probably battery (or battery connections)

One simple test for key-switch failure is to turn on key, then check Horn/Brake-Light/Turn Signal operation (when key-switch fails, that circuit is normally unaffected, while the lights and ignition are)
If those functions work, probably looking at key-switch issue - if they don't, probably battery (or battery connections)

Thanks I’ll go check that in a minute

Does your rocket have an alarm? If so this can drag your battery down as well when its parked up.... mine lives connected to the battery tender all the time when im not riding it...

Yes, be sure to check the battery connections, loosen clean, tighten.
Rick

Does your rocket have an alarm? If so this can drag your battery down as well when its parked up.... mine lives connected to the battery tender all the time when im not riding it...

No alarm and is used regularly so I’m stumped as to what would drain the battery

Back