rear wheel bearings R3 touring

Totally agree I like those sets, and the price of the tool is about the same as the dealer charges to do the labor so if you ever have a second use for them, your saving money.

Same with the steering stem tools.

To remove the old bearings you need only two things... a drift and a hammer.

To install you'll need only a hammer and a colette I suggest a motion pro version.

Its really easy.
The bearing where the seal is, how is all that put together? It looks like a spacer, then the seal with a snap ring then the bearing. The pictures I'm looking at in my manual are a little fuzzy.

Indeed!
My R3R has been on its third rear bearing set since 40K miles.
weirdest thing, I heated up the wheel on the cush drive side and used the bearing puller, go it out and the bearing spins with no issue, the bearing on the other side also, now spins with no issue. How does a bearing that I couldn't even get to move one day, all of a sudden spin freely the next? Was it the heat that I Applied to the wheel? Is this caused by sitting all winter? But I have driven the bike this spring, and heat would have made the bearings spin free, would driving it not do that? I stumped. And how the heck do you get the snap ring out?

Totally agree I like those sets, and the price of the tool is about the same as the dealer charges to do the labor so if you ever have a second use for them, your saving money.

Same with the steering stem tools.
bought the tool, removed the bearing on the cush side and it spins with no issues, Weird!

I had the same issue. Once the bearing was pulled it spun freely. Replaced it anyways. They make pliers just for pulling snap rings. Any auto parts store has them. I would go ahead and replace them anyways. A bearing or two may be chewed up inside and set itself free, When I pulled my wheel bearings out one of them rolled freely so I very carefully disassembled the bearing to find three balls chewed up pretty bad. In Doubt replace them. I would replace the snap ring and dust cover with new ones. If you have patience heat is not required with a blind puller but I do place the new bearings in the freezer for a few hours prior to installation. :):):):):):):):)

I had the same issue. Once the bearing was pulled it spun freely. Replaced it anyways. They make pliers just for pulling snap rings. Any auto parts store has them. I would go ahead and replace them anyways. A bearing or two may be chewed up inside and set itself free, When I pulled my wheel bearings out one of them rolled freely so I very carefully disassembled the bearing to find three balls chewed up pretty bad. In Doubt replace them. I would replace the snap ring and dust cover with new ones. If you have patience heat is not required with a blind puller but I do place the new bearings in the freezer for a few hours prior to installation. :):):):):):):):)
What does the snap ring do? Is it a stop for the bearing. It does t look like I can get the bearing out from that side of the wheel. It didn't look like the metal piece where the seal sits is removable and the bearing won't clear it. What am I missing?

You have to remove drive flange and stepped spacer to get to the wheel bearing. Other side just remove seal and circlip. You are kind of losing me on your description but hopefully this helped. Have no Idea why Truimph used circlip

Last time I took the back wheel off to rebalance tire I checked the bearings and all is well. Did replace stock bearings with a set of bearings from all balls 10,000 plus ago. Big difference in quality over stock. (car tire)

Back