Rear caliper torque reaction bolt

Do you replace your torque reaction bolt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 100.0%

• Total voters
IIRC you don't need to remove the torque reaction bolt ( fancy name for a bolt to stop the caliper spinning with the wheel when the brakes are applied) to replace the rear pads. It is a 5 minute job.

I do realize that, DUK, but I needed to remove the entire rear wheel. :p
BTW - who is IIRC?

I've used bike bandit for all sorts of stuff on my Intruder and it comes lightning quick....but that's for stuff they stock. Rocket 3 doodads are expressly stated to be drop shipped from Triumph, in England! That's going to take some time to the States.
Well I ordered EBC parts not Triumph OEM parts. Revzilla, Motorcycle Superstore, and Rocky Mountain ATV usually arrive in 2-4 days if they have what I need. Don't get me wrong, I like Bike Bandit but their free shipping price sucks and they take too long on anything I have ordered compared the the other 3. The truth is I find it easier and quicker to buy from my local Kawasaki dealer for OEM or aftermarket parts. Except Trumpet parts of course.

I've always reused mine, maybe this is a grammar thing, when they say "replace" they mean put it back in place?
But if you read the manual it states.
Release the torque reaction bolt from the caliper and discard.

As far I was taught discard is meant mean throw away. I just looked the word discard and it sure does (no loner useful). So my question when designing the rear wheel did the people whom set the standards for the rear fear that torque reaction bolt man not be able to stand up to quality and there was a chance of it causing a problem down the road (sort of speak).

Back