R3 TFC all carbon

I too have a weakness for CF. Nice bike.

Saved a good bit of weight on the RIIIR going with lots of CF.
Sadly the better the factory does with weight, the less it saves aftermarket. I ended up adding weight doing CF swaps on my Z H2, Kawi plastic is very light.

Wanted to share some updates to my R3 TFC, with all the carbon parts by KR-Techno.
- Carbon "V" Radiator Guard
- FlyScreen "V" Carbon
- Mudgard Rear Carbon
- Splash Guard Carbon
IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6588.jpeg
Hi, good job and look.
I'm thinking to put carbon parts for weight reduction, but I don't know how much Kilograms saved with all the parts you changed. ¿Can you estimate?
Also I want to change all exhaust system for a Zard model without catalyst and wheels too.
It's an expensive and big deal but I think this bike would be handled much better.

It's an expensive and big deal but I think this bike would be handled much better.

Sorry to say - but this is like putting myself into a swim suit and hoping I would handle better on the road than in Jeans...

If handling is your target, sell the Rocket and get a Speed Triple...

This bike has a lot of weight to save. Many riders complain about the jolts caused by such wide tires and I have verified that the extra weight of the license plate support and the size of the wheels have an influence, sending movement and inertia from the rear end.
Changing the battery I have saved about 6 kg since I weighed about 9.5
On YouTube, a guy took her to the scale and she weighed 330 kg with everything full.
The goal is to drop 7.5 kg with the Zard exhaust and as much as possible on the tires since they are responsible for handling.
That's why I asked the total savings with carbon, to get an idea of everything.

This bike has a lot of weight to save. Many riders complain about the jolts caused by such wide tires and I have verified that the extra weight of the license plate support and the size of the wheels have an influence, sending movement and inertia from the rear end.
On YouTube, a guy took her to the scale and she weighed 330 kg with everything full.
The goal is to drop 7.5 kg with the Zard exhaust and as much as possible on the tires since they are responsible for handling.
That's why I asked the total savings with carbon, to get an idea of everything.
While I understand that the way to save weight is often needed to take weight off a vehicle here and there, wherever possible, as every small saving eventually adds up, but in the case of the Rocket, even if you get it down to 300kg wet by throwing loads of money at it, it's still a significantly heavy motorcycle.
It's got a 2.5 litre engine with a transmission and shaft drive that's engineered to take 221Nm of torque. It's never going to be light.

I do agree that the rear suspension in particular, let's this bike down as far as comfort & dynamics go.
Surely that's down to a combination of short suspension travel and poor spring/damper set up. I for one would throw some money in that direction, if I was assured of better rear end dynamics/comfort.
I admit that the subject of un-sprung weight should not be ignored, but I have already discovered that even if you remove the rear licence plate carrier completely, the ride isn't any different.

Last edited:

Sorry - but the battery itself is originally just around 6 kg. So you might have saved around 2,5 kg. If you might get 5 with the ZARD and another one with some Carbon, I propose to better drive always with a tank just half filled.

The result is identical and you save whole lot of money...

Back