Purolator oil filters good or bad

E7A574EF-2EB7-4E4E-B6C4-8E6050825B0B.jpeg
I normally use the genuine Triumph but infound I two of these form a little while ago and had never used so I decided to try.
They look the real deal

WIX filters work. Never had a issue.;);););););)
This is true. I tried both the PSL14610 and the PL14610. You cannot use the PureOne filters on this bike. I've been sold on Purolator filters for years since reading nicely done comparisons on construction and surface area of the media. But I tried 2 of them before searching this forum and they both dripped no matter how tightly I tried to put them on (which is foolish, I know). Having taken the last one off, you can clearly see in the center of the filter where the metal to metal contact that prevents the Purolator from going on far enough to seal properly (sorry, didn't take picture). Bought a Mobil M1-108, and doesn't drip any whatsoever, anymore. Glad the numerous PL14610 that I have stockpiled fit so many other applications!

I will always use original parts because if it's good enough for them it's good for me. Money saved is minimal but I get peace of mind.

So then you run Castrol oil?
Wasn't that the Rocket OEM oil in 2014?

The replacement for the psl14610 is Boss filter pbl14610 fits well no leaks and has a relief valve in it.

Warpo,
I ordered me one of them there Pureagators for my next oil change.
Gratitude for the tip.

Back