Oil Filter to prefill or not

Pre fill or Dry

• Total voters
I do not know how to fix it but if it drains down after about 3 or 4 days standing i pour a 1/4 litre of oil into the oil tank and when i start it the oil light goes out straight away.
Then when tank is full i draw it out again with a syringe.
Belt and braces job.

Make sure the o-ring on the middle sump drain is good, if this gets cut or comes off, oil will drain from the tank into the sump.
The o rings are new and fitted correctly. It still drains down in 4 days.

The o rings are new and fitted correctly. It still drains down in 4 days.
Just a note: To drain the oil there are three drain bolts. 1) front sump, 2) rear sump, and 3) oil tank. You would think that if there is a drain plug for the oil tank, the oil would stay in it. But I think I have heard/read somewhere that the oil does drain down into the sump after awhile.

Screenshot_20240112_192542_Chrome.jpg
You guys are pulling my leg!
I thought it was a 'sealed for life transmission' like BMWs have?
I don't even change the oil! ;) :roll::roll::roll:

Just for clarification their is no such thing as a sealed transmissio or a sealed differential or sealed engine
All of them have a vent near the top to release hot air otherwise it would push oil/atf/diff gear lube out of the unit.
Most so called sealed units says it is life time atf UNLESS you are in extreme conditions like extreme heat, dusty roads or what i tell my customers
every time your transmission cools down it draws humidity back in.
Usually after 50,000 miles the trans fluid even if it is full synthetic is wore out
Again so called sealed transmission's have ways of checking the level of fluid on some transmission's they "say" that you have to use a scanner to tell how hot the transmission is l but a thermal gun can do the same at a fraction of the cost.

Back