Can Not find it anywhere. Problem is Hermy's does not show hardware on stepper motor. If i knew the hardware came with the stepper motor i would just buy a new one. Frustrated.

Sorry I read something about a plastic washer in your post and thought you meant the washer was broke.
Its also right next to the nut you were adjusting
Also no 11.175 in my manual for some reason.

How the hell did you break the "collar" :)

Probably need that part again, its angled faces are there to allow correct movement of the arm when the stepper rod is extending or retracting
A washer might impede it a little, but only way to know fo sho is to try it

What you see in my photo is what you get when you order a new idle stepper.

HELL YES. Just got your last Hardware come with it that is a good thing. ****in$ thing just fell off when i went to adjust the .5MM on test with Tune ECU. Turned the nut just a hair and the collar fell in my lap. Looked at it and figured "What the Hell" Guess it is time to order a new stepper motor. 50,000 miles not a bad idea anyhow. Got a brand new secondary TPS installed along with a Brand New Primary TPS. Should run like a bat out of hell. Got to love. Life goes on.

Is that collar badly broken?
Can it be refitted?

Just try Araldite epoxy and refit or use some DEFCON or similar metal filler epoxy. They are heat and chemical resistant and supposedly machinable etc.

Ain't nothing new. If it moves in time it shall break. Don't mind a new stepper motor at all. Wife does. Dropped a pretty penny on new tires last night. Ordered a set of them new Avon Chromes. Front and back.After taxes cost $587.00 Plus a new bottom rad cover for $59.00 dollars. Along with some new nuts and bolts. Just got to keep at it and get her running soon. Just found out from Hermy's bottom rad cover on back order. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Is that collar badly broken?
Can it be refitted?

Just try Araldite epoxy and refit or use some DEFCON or similar metal filler epoxy. They are heat and chemical resistant and supposedly machinable etc.
No way. I'll just buy a new stepper motor knowing it comes with the hardware. Good with that.

Sonny, look at the split pin in R3R's post and remove it, take the little linkage off and place it in your cupboard. Manually set idle at 925rpm with the set screw and lock nut. Ride away happy. No problem, no cost,just a momentary hiccup.

Back