Almost forgot something. When i removed the daymakers and not talking about the cheap Chinese ones was surprised. At times they were shorting out on the housing, could see the marks. Easy fix. Ran some electrical tape over the back side of the three prong connections. Now brighter than ever. Just thought i would add that to the conversation.

Just had a cricket land on my hand while typing. In my region that is a sign of good luck. A crickets visit is all good. To bad one of the six cats ate it. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Makes about as much sense as the folks that blamed the day-makers installed causing the problems.:p:p:p:p:p:p

Was reading this thread and somehow I missed the page where you got it sorted out.

Gald you got going again.

Also great news about the daymaker lights being brighter than ever that will light up the road on those late night rides home from work.

I am loving all of the information here. @DEcosse never fails to come through and obviously spends quite a bit of personal time to help us.
I've had the flu the last few days and have not tried to find out if my fuel pump is bad, or something else.
I HOPE replacing the relay will fix it. If not I'll be printing out this thread.
I guess I should run the TuneECU test first after that.

@sonny : I hope you get it all worked out soon! I'll try what you did if I can't figure out mine. I keep my garage locked to keep out the gremlins, so must be something else.
At least the two times it hasn't started I had it home!!!

Well, I got lucky. Mine was a bad relay.
I turned the key and definately the EFI Relay clicked. I felt it and heard it (had my hearing aids turned full up). I thought crap, it's not the relay. Was headed back in to order pump stuff and figured I'd just try replacing it with the new one I have had for a year or so. Did that and it started right up, put the old back in just to make sure, it started and coughed then died (fuel still in the line). So I have the new one in.
Ordered two more new ones from 2 Wheel Pros to have on hand and got a fuel pump/ filter gasket since I'd already researched replacing the fuel pump online. As stated here, the pump and filter can be bought elsewhere for a third the cost of OEM Triumph parts for those. Got me some washers & O rings there for the next few times I change the oil, too. I think I'll change the fuel filter this winter, since I've watched some vids on how to do it.

Since the relay clicked, might be bad contacts. Maybe I'll take it apart and clean the insides up and see what that does.
Got my wife's old Galaxy out and reset it for me and I'll get TuneECU on it. Won't have to lug the laptop out for that anymore. Anyone know what kind of adapter is needed to bridge it with the TuneECU cable? I'm thinking just a USB female/female pass through.

I think I'll print out the fixes on this thread and file them away for future reference.

Now, it just has to cool down a bit to take a ride. Been two weeks. It's getting lonely out there.

Back