Possible Source of Bigger Injectors

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Spoke with a injector company today. Told me they weren't aware of any good aftermarket injectors that fit the rocket but did suggest the KTM 690 2014+ Injectors are dimensionally similar, electrically similar, and flow about 420cc, up from the rocket's stock 360cc.

Anyone ever tried these out or have any info about it? Seems like a potentially good source for about a 15% increase in flow potential for those pushing 250+HP. I know you don't NEED it, but keeping the duty rate down will only be beneficial to injector life.

Yep thats where TTS gets their injectors for their kit. I should point out they are not exactly the same length as the OEM injectors they are a little shorter. But they do work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 550cc injectors came in today. They come with a flow bench read out, 558,558,561. Going to stick the 561 injector in cylinder 3. They have ~.45 ms dead time at 12v, pretty fast. Promptly decided "Injectors are like a 15 minutes job" (thinking CAR not BIKE).

Well.... 15 minutes..nope. More like an hour to get the tank up, all the sensors disconnected, cables disconnected, TBs removed, and then god knows how long getting the **** fuel rail screws out. Had to drill one, refused to budge. They're not even loctited, just WAAAAAAAAAAAY over torqued for a Phillips head screw.

Do yourself a favor if your doing injectors, order 3 m6x1.0 screws at 12mm long with a hex head to replace the stock ****e screws before you go at the injectors, will save you some downtime.

As far as the injectors go, nothing to mention except the stock squirters have 8 VERY fine holes in a circular pattern, the Black Ops 550s, are 4 holes in a square.

PS: I did find ONE thing the triumph tech got wrong on my bike, actually glad I went and did this tonight now. The Throttle cables were mis-adjusted, so fully open at the handle bar was only about 70% open at the butterfly. Now I cannot WAIT to get it running again knowing it'll actually be full power.

Last edited:
Yep thats where TTS gets their injectors for there kit. I should point out they are not exacy the same length as the OEM injectors they are a little shorter. But they do work.

They must have changed designs a little. The black ops I got are a touch longer than stock and they have a little lip in the bottom that locates them perfectly square against the mounting flange on the TB assembly.

Just waiting on the 3xM6x1.0 12mm long bolts to replace the stupid screws and she's all done. I did find a random "wtf" in assembly.

If you turn the clamp that secure the TB to the Rubber flange connected to the head on cylinder 1, you can position it in such a way that it blocks the throttle from fully opening. The fix is to turn the clamp so it sits between #1 and #2 cylinders. This what caused 70% max throttle opening. I actually have no idea how long it's been that way, potentially from the day I bought it :O

Going to send my stockers out for flow testing and refurbishing to like new, so I can keep a spare set on hand that I can use if needed.

... god knows how long getting the **** fuel rail screws out. Had to drill one, refused to budge. They're not even loctited, just WAAAAAAAAAAAY over torqued for a Phillips head screw.

Do yourself a favor if your doing injectors, order 3 m6x1.0 screws at 12mm long with a hex head to replace the stock ****e screws before you go at the injectors, will save you some downtime.

Mine were solid too but I used an impact drive and they came out first tap with no damage at all

Installed and mostly done adjusting tune. Few points:

360/550 = 0.64545454545
1 - 0.64545454545 = ~ 35% larger flow from the 550s vs 360s, except, that doesn't work in real life.

Because of the significantly reduced opening time of the Black OPs vs stock injectors, I had to pull more like 45%-50% fuel to achieve the same AFRs. The amount that needed to be pulled isn't linear across the board because of much quicker dead times, so you have to pull less at high RPMs than at low.

I can now confirm though, my stock injectors had issues from day 1, when I picked the bike up. Hot starts were always a lumpy idle, threw in the Black OPs, adjusted map to -40% and she fired right up and idling in the 11:1 area, so pulled more fuel and now its dead smooth at 13.5:1. Fires on the 3rd turn of the starter every time and settles into a steady idle nearly instantly instead of hunting for 30-60 seconds.

I've recently found a new option.

FiveO Motorsports released these at some point. Based on Bosch's new coil design, they have much better resolution at 0.7ms minimum and a better spray pattern. Available across a wide range of flow ratings, including a very close to stock 350cc size up to 800+.

Just ordered a 450 set to try out at the 550cc setup I have now is a touch too big when run at 4 BAR instead of 3. The 450s should end up around 540cc at 4 bar instead of 660s as I have now.
EV14 US Domestic Compact-, Standard- and Long-Fit 233UX - 6 FLOW RATES Fuel Injectors

So as follow up for posterity and search function again...

Out of curiosity, I threw in the stock injectors, now operating at 4 BAR instead of 3 using the Corvette filter/regulator modification.

They, so far, seem to match very well with my 265 kit motor. I've only tuned up to about 70% column so far, but, they seem like they'll stay under 90% duty at peak power.

I'll post a duty cycle log after my Dyno session on the 19th.

Stockers at 3 BAR were hitting 100% (aka static) previously on the Dyno.

Back