Poor Man's Performance

Yup - but do them all at once . If you don't have easy access to a tuner - then consider a Power Commander plus Autotune and ask HansO for maps. And heed Arts comment on the exhaust headers - change them.

Download and familiarize yourself with Tune ECU. Even if you use a PC5 you'll need it.
I finally got the EJK tuner I am pleased with it ( Triple K & N ,Cat box delete, Tors , EJK Tuner 155 hp 156 ft lbs )

Yup - but do them all at once . If you don't have easy access to a tuner - then consider a Power Commander plus Autotune and ask HansO for maps. And heed Arts comment on the exhaust headers - change them.

Download and familiarize yourself with Tune ECU. Even if you use a PC5 you'll need it.

Easy to interpret either way but I think @IMFASTTOO suggested the cheapest mod with some value is leaving the stock header and attaching "a free flowing slip on muffler or straight pipe" to remove cross pipe and rest of the stock system.

As we know though the greatest HP gains come with a decent dyno tune from a header and intake upgrade with cat and crossflow delete and a single open can.

I'm the same boat for now on mods with my '17 R3R

Based on Claviger's post it looks like
Step 1 - exhaust
Step 2 - Ramair
Step 3 - Re-tune

With the '17, the cats are in the pipes right? so slip-ons would get rid of the cats?

Correction:
STEP 1:
Do all 3 @Claviger at same time!
Apologies, Rob! :eek: :p :roll:

That was the plan. And I already have Tune ECU downloaded, the cable for PC connecting as well as a Bluetooth adapter that I use on cars. I've already connected to the bike via Bluetooth. Need to get a PC hooked up to play work other functionality though.

I used to have the classic 3 into 1 into three, just changed it with a bit of tweeking using the old cross over and pipes into 3 into one.

Attachments

• 20170226_144315.jpg
    20170226_144315.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1
Back