Im looking to increase performance

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Looking for ideas to create and then implement a plan for Edsel.
I am not concerned with top end speed what so ever. What I am after is getting from 0 to 120 as fast as possible. I’m a light to light kinda guy.
There are a few guys out there that can steer me in the right direction your thoughts and ideas and experiences would be most appreciate.

The weight of our Rockets holds it back from being really quick. My full dress Rocket weighs in at 880 pounds. I take mine to the drag strip several times a year. It is always the weight that holds me back. I have made several mods to include RamAir, TORs, Dobeck AFR Plus and a Nels Dyno Tune. Maxed out at 145 HP and 148 TQ. At the drag strip I can't beat a stock BMW R9T/5 and a modded Thruxton R because they are hundreds of pounds lighter. So the next step is a 200+ HP kit from Neville Lush and a 1 3/4" exhaust system to unlesh the 200+. Then see what it can do with all that weight at the drag strip.

The weight of our Rockets holds it back from being really quick. My full dress Rocket weighs in at 880 pounds. I take mine to the drag strip several times a year. It is always the weight that holds me back. I have made several mods to include RamAir, TORs, Dobeck AFR Plus and a Nels Dyno Tune. Maxed out at 145 HP and 148 TQ. At the drag strip I can't beat a stock BMW R9T/5 and a modded Thruxton R because they are hundreds of pounds lighter. So the next step is a 200+ HP kit from Neville Lush and a 1 3/4" exhaust system to unlesh the 200+. Then see what it can do with all that weight at the drag strip.
Good choices, good plan, but doesn't happen overnight.

Looking for ideas to create and then implement a plan for Edsel.
I am not concerned with top end speed what so ever. What I am after is getting from 0 to 120 as fast as possible. I’m a light to light kinda guy.
There are a few guys out there that can steer me in the right direction your thoughts and ideas and experiences would be most appreciate.
I run A Viking exhaust three into one. Smaller diameter pipe than most aftermarket Exhaust systems. Ramair and a set of street cams from lush. Very happy with results. Run around 167 horse and do not remember the torque but much higher than the stock bike. My objective was to increase the low and mid range in horsepower and torque but maintain a very reliable motor. No compression change on engine. Top end around 150 MPH. Even with progressive suspension front and back anything over 140 MPH is not my cup of tea. Bike is well tuned after two or three attempts. Not a race horse but a blast to ride around on. Barnett clutch complete kit was required after mods. Should have upgraded transmission during mod cycle but out of no choice of mine that is work in progress. Very happy with the low end and midrange performance.

You are stepping out onto a very slippery slope, my friend. It starts with K&Ns or RamAir, then exhaust. From there you can either creep up on it like I did with TORs and a free-flow crossover, maybe street cams, or just go for the 200+ HP kit right from the get go, which is what I should have done. 206hp and 181 torque on the dyno with Neville Lush parts- highly recommend.
You can read my account (pay someone who knows what they're doing. I was lucky) here...
@Kevin frazier 's account here...
and a junkie's ever increasing need for more, more, here...

06F77F5C-844B-4481-B5CC-0DBB46B7BAFA.jpeg
Go For It

Journeyman is right on. Set a budget or a powe production goal and do it all in one build. This will save time and money and assure the parts all work together to meet the goals.

To get the big power you will have to add high compression pistons, a suitable cam and upgrade intake and exhaust supported by a proper tune. I recommend working with Neville lush. Contact him and tell him what type of power production you want.

I recommend shooting for 200+ hp and over 165 tq. This kind of power is almost scary at first but you get used to it and learn to control it. Get you wallet out and go big or regret not getting it done right the first time.:p

Back