Looking for some input from the experts

frkmbolin

.020 Over
Ride
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
I'm not ready yet to do something big, like Carpenter mods or a supercharger. My 2015 Roadster already has RamAir, and I've put an OzClaw on it for better airflow. It's got the black Rocket X exhaust installed on it for now, which replaced a very hot-running slip on that I wasn't happy with (was on it when I purchased it), as this is my daily ride. I'm about to pick up a set of TORS, and I'm looking at getting the TTS expanded headers and free-flowing decat pipe. I would send all of that to Jet-Hot and get them coated and blackened. It's my hope down the line to get TTS's supercharger, whether stage 1 or through to stage 2, but I don't really know how hot those run. I've been told Carpenter kits run really hot, and our Rockets run hot enough already. My local shop is excited about even the idea of the supercharger install later on.

Phase 1: Add TORS and TTS headers and decat pipe. Estimated gain in power and torque?
Phase 2: TTS Supercharger

A lot of you know a ton about all this, and I've poked around the forums quite a bit. Looking for a sanity check. Thanks much.

I'm not ready yet to do something big, like Carpenter mods or a supercharger. My 2015 Roadster already has RamAir, and I've put an OzClaw on it for better airflow. It's got the black Rocket X exhaust installed on it for now, which replaced a very hot-running slip on that I wasn't happy with (was on it when I purchased it), as this is my daily ride. I'm about to pick up a set of TORS, and I'm looking at getting the TTS expanded headers and free-flowing decat pipe. I would send all of that to Jet-Hot and get them coated and blackened. It's my hope down the line to get TTS's supercharger, whether stage 1 or through to stage 2, but I don't really know how hot those run. I've been told Carpenter kits run really hot, and our Rockets run hot enough already. My local shop is excited about even the idea of the supercharger install later on.

Phase 1: Add TORS and TTS headers and decat pipe. Estimated gain in power and torque?
Phase 2: TTS Supercharger

A lot of you know a ton about all this, and I've poked around the forums quite a bit. Looking for a sanity check. Thanks much.
I think you might have the wrong site...Looking for a sanity check. Funny.

First of all, owning a Rocket is an exercise in excess to start with, adding more to too much doesn't bode well for a sanity exercise. I recently got an email from Leigh Gardner (4/19/22) and he sent me a photo of his project Rocket (his daily ride is a 22 Goldwing). He stated: "It’s a Stage 3 supercharged Rocket3 now – with just under 500bhp at the rear wheel." So how much is too much?????????
1651069169359.png

Is it Tuned yet, like on a dynograph? The TORS may not add a lot of power over what you have already but I am not one of the experts you were asking for.;)
Sanity check on here? Of course you are sane compared to the average of this group. Average/sane people do not buy Rockets.

I think the "coolest" pipe is the stock header and TORS combo. The aftermarket decatted one are all a bit warm. Good luck.

Thanks for your service, you're always welcome to stop by for a cold beer (on tap) since you only live 30 minutes from here.....
Thanks. Any idea where to get a good dyno-tune in the Fort Worth area? I reached out to a place, but they shoved the question aside.

Back