Newbee performance question?

Do you think I can take them at 70 miles an hour on up easily?
2 weekends ago went for a ride with 2 hardleys and a yamaha I was third in line the hardley and rice burner took off I waited till the fourth inline the other hardley passed me no downshift just rolled on the gas at 65 they said they topped at 110 I passed them like they were riding a bicycle 5 miles down the road slowed to 30 and waited on them yes I beleive you can outrun with just a roll on down to 4th tell them later into 3rd you will be riding alone till you let them catch up

Any race or roll on with a Harley is just foolishness for them. Ask them to set the rules for the event because it doesn’t matter. They have a six speed so just specify wether it’s a top gear only or any gear. At 60 mph you’ll win in any gear you choose. Fourth will give a better jolt and spank them harder. Third will make high rpm but I don’t know how your limiter is set but very doable. It’s really about how bad do you want to make them look.

My limiter is set at 7250 rpm and with the mods I have in my 2014 Roadster I’d go to Second for max intimidation factor. I top out second at 90 mph, go to third for a buck twenty and then fourth and fifth is just to bring the rpms down from scream. ;) It’s going to be hard not to look to arrogant and smug.

I’m still waiting for a Harley rider to try me out.:whitstling:

Any race or roll on with a Harley is just foolishness for them. Ask them to set the rules for the event because it doesn’t matter. They have a six speed so just specify wether it’s a top gear only or any gear. At 60 mph you’ll win in any gear you choose. Fourth will give a better jolt and spank them harder. Third will make high rpm but I don’t know how your limiter is set but very doable. It’s really about how bad do you want to make them look.

My limiter is set at 7250 rpm and with the mods I have in my 2014 Roadster I’d go to Second for max intimidation factor. I top out second at 90 mph, go to third for a buck twenty and then fourth and fifth is just to bring the rpms down from scream. ;) It’s going to be hard not to look to arrogant and smug.

I’m still waiting for a Harley rider to try me out.:whitstling:
With the right motor package at 70 you can drop to 2nd and walk away from liter sport bikes and surprise those kids.

@Buckaroo First I like your enthusiasm. We all get it and it stays forever I think. While I am not necessarily known for racing the world, I find I do a top gear roll on several times a week just avoiding cages while driving to and from work in the DC area. Just yesterday with lower traffic, some slow turd in the center lane decided to merge into the passing lane where I was. We were roughly 80mph at the time and I was able to squirt ahead of him with the horn sounding. He jerked his SUV back before it was too dangerous, but in cases like this, there is not really any time to down shift. I either roll off or WOT too avoid the mishap. It is that same enthusiasm that keeps me on the R3T as it has never let me down when I needed it. That roll off is awesome at slowing the bike down via the engine, a major bonus at times.

I bet the Roadking will out turn the Rocket in slow speed parking lot races...
Yes it will. the road king handles better than the rocket and has a better turning circle at lower speeds. I feel more confident on the road king. The rocket is definitely an acquired taste and is unforgiving. It took a lot of getting used to and its a scary ride.

Back