Perfect Rocket Retro Boots

Would be a great excuse to head out west to get all your measurements done for the best fit.
Sounds great but would increase the total purchase price. I have never ridin the north west:(

Finding this picture prompted to give Frank a call and I'm glad he did. I confirmed he is 75 and still working so I told him he's my hero. He spent a month last year with his wife in Australia. We used to host the Australian motorcycle riders from the Electra Glide Down Under web forum. He said he was treated wonderfully by his hosts and fell in love with Australia.

I've just got to get down there for a visit.
We'll be waiting!:thumbsup:

I'm digging the Cascade jacket but I own my house free and clear and don't want to take out a mortgage in order to buy the thing.

Rain cover over leather if needed.

FYI -
My Langlitz with yearly use of their leather treatment has never gotten me wet in any rain storm. All I ever needed was rain pants.

So I'm curious. The leathers look fabulous -- nothing short. What does one do for the rain ?
  1. Get damp and cold - Some see this as a Rite of passage. I have done so - and I don't.
  2. Waterproof over gear - This can be really bloody awkward esp if the leathers are already dampened.
  3. Get Hydrophobic Leather - This at least wards off drizzly stuff. And keep them well greased up.
I prefer wearing leather (motorcycle gear) - but through expediency end up wearing Fabric usually.
  1. Overall comfort - on and off bike.
  2. Pockets. Hello - Leathers mfrs!. Bellows pockets please.
If I was starting from scratch I would I think be looking deeper into material properties and designing a best of breed layering system.

It's an idea I have had to start a series of threads - but as we all stay on topic so long - :whitstling:

Back