Perfect Rocket Retro Boots

Langlitz still makes some leather riding breeches like the ones in the second picture with the flared leather around the thighs. I'm not sure I can go that retro?;)

As cool as they were back then I think I'll just draw the line with tucking my jeans into my boots. They were part of that ear and those beautiful machines they rode.

I just remembered this one in old Sacramento of me and my friend Frank. He's still rides the same old 1989 Harley all over the west and still works as a Teamster truck driver. I think he's about 75 now. I'm standing in front of my 2001 BMW GS.

Mike & Frank 2 (1136 x 852).jpg

Last edited:
Finding this picture prompted to give Frank a call and I'm glad he did. I confirmed he is 75 and still working so I told him he's my hero. He spent a month last year with his wife in Australia. We used to host the Australian motorcycle riders from the Electra Glide Down Under web forum. He said he was treated wonderfully by his hosts and fell in love with Australia.

I've just got to get down there for a visit.

Langlitz still makes some leather riding breeches like the ones in the second picture with the flared leather around the thighs. I'm not sure I can go that retro?;)

Langlitz (Portland, OR) makes the best, IMHO.
I have one of their custom made jackets that I wore riding motor for the PD and now wear on day rides.
The newer textiles are so much lighter and layered for the heat, cold or rain that a couple years ago, I switched to an Olympia Airglide 5 for tripping.

Cool uncles Steve

Twas a very kewl childhood growing up with my Dad owning the Indian dealership here in Tacoma and traveling the track & hill climb circuits.
I have many pix from the late 40s.
My Dad's brother, Max. Steering & Coski worked for my Dad and hung out at the house all the time.
They were uncles to me, but not really blood.
Bremerton-Track_4.jpg

Finding this picture prompted to give Frank a call and I'm glad he did. I confirmed he is 75 and still working so I told him he's my hero. He spent a month last year with his wife in Australia. We used to host the Australian motorcycle riders from the Electra Glide Down Under web forum. He said he was treated wonderfully by his hosts and fell in love with Australia.
I've just got to get down there for a visit.

Good pix!
Youse look like brothers!

Langlitz (Portland, OR) makes the best, IMHO.
I have one of their custom made jackets that I wore riding motor for the PD and now wear on day rides.
The newer textiles are so much lighter and layered for the heat, cold or rain that a couple years ago, I switched to an Olympia Airglide 5 for tripping.
I almost order a brown Langlitz jacket but bought a Shott that I am very happy with. If i do a black one for the R3 I would consider Langlitz.

Great pic Steve. That must have been great growing up in a motorcycle family. My dad did not like them so I had to ride friend's bikes in high school and then the day I got out of boot camp I bought my first, a Yamaha 250 two stroke, a YDS3.

I have a friend who had a Langlitz jacket and the quality was top drawer. Very heavy leather and beautifully made. I look forward to seeing that police jacket of yours.

Kind of off topic but I've recently become interested in flat track again. A 1/2 mile course is being built in Bremerton and will be open this summer. I'm going to start a thread on it with some pics. I think I told you when you were over but that Triumph engine on my work bench stand is for the flat tracker in the back room.

I almost order a brown Langlitz jacket but bought a Shott that I am very happy with. If i do a black one for the R3 I would consider Langlitz.

Would be a great excuse to head out west to get all your measurements done for the best fit.

Back