Perfect Rocket Retro Boots

ECDC77BE-2C67-41D8-A1FC-33FB69A61DF7.jpeg
9B79E95C-CF39-4D08-9159-367D1C1D37B5.jpeg
I recently acquired these cool retro boots from Gasolina boots out of Mexico. They offer several styles of motorcycle riding boots The ventilated Shortcuts are my favorite summer riding boots.
Gasolina Boots

I have a pair of those as well. Gasolina are custom made and easy to deal with.
They are rear entry boots and I could not get my foot into the first set I received.
They accepted them back - no ship charge - and remade a new set, which worked fine.
They are good boots for a day ride, but to me are not adequate for long, multi-day rides/trips.
For a serious ride, I have Daytona boots, which are the very best, IMHO.

If you try the link tap on the Gasolina logo on the top of the page to see other boots and jackets. Very nice quality products at good prices. We have several pairs of their boots. I may need a new black jacket next year since I received some ribbing today about that Harley shirt and jacket while riding the Rocket. It’s called cross dressing.o_O:thumbsdown:

Do not sweat it!
I wear Harley shirts that were given to me, all the time!
They are good quality Ts, make friends and besides, I prefer greasing friends rather than enemies with my R3R!
Laughing.gif

Ah - another closet sheep enthusiast. Or are you Ben Dover?

The Gasolina boots I like are the Elite. I will never buy another set of boots with a rear zip.

But if I get the chance I will be visiting Altberg Boots in Yorkshire. Motorcycle Boots - Classic Styling & High Performance Boots by Alt-Berg - they will even make a bespoke last if you pay'em.

You neglected to say why you wouldn't get a pair of rear zip boots. I'm just curious to see why you don't like them.

I used to have a pair of fleece lined, high top police motorcycle boots. They were ones used by one of our New England state police forces but I can't recall which. I really liked them when they fit but as I got older, well you older guys know what happens to the feet when we get older.

I was going to ask them if they would do am inside of the leg zip instead of the rear.

Steve, what is your impression of the rear zip boots and what was the problem with the first set?

I wear First Gear riding boots for the long haul. They are very comfortable for both riding and walking to the tavern after a long day in the saddle. Waterproof and warm.

Firstgear Kili Hi WP Boots - RevZilla

You neglected to say why you wouldn't get a pair of rear zip boots. I'm just curious to see why you don't like them.
I find them uncomfy. After trying 3 different makes I gave up. Found the zips rubbed my Achilles tendon raw if I had to walk anywhere in them. I prefer laces (with or without zippits) or outer side zips. I have various boots - From Magnums Classics to some Chiruca high leg hunting boots (Goretex, Thinsulate, fleece - lined)

I've been on their web site since I saw your post. And, OBTW, thanks so much for this thread.

I've had 10 inch top motorcycle boots back in the past, and still have a pair of 12 inch stovepipe engineer boots at my son's home in MD, but they are really a pain to get into. I'm kind of leaning toward the Classic with the zippers but, darn, they are all beautiful boots so the decision is not easy.

Which ones did you order and do yours have the zippers?
All ours have zippers in the rear and I hear that makes them rear entry?:eek::eek::eek:

I have three pair. One Deluxe, one Shortcut and the last pair in the picture are the Midnight edition. My wife's are the Shortcut. I also would like to know what the issue is with the zippers. I find that easier than some of my lace up that are a PIA to lace up.

One more...Did you measure your calf bare or wearing jeans. Big difference.
You measure bare calf. They know how to extrapolate that into a finished dimension for wearing. They do ask in the order form if you are tucking pants in or wearing them over the boot top. They also have an option for an in-between calf size to best accommodate both approaches.

I find them uncomfy. After trying 3 different makes I gave up. Found the zips rubbed my Achilles tendon raw if I had to walk anywhere in them. I prefer laces (with or without zippits) or outer side zips. I have various boots - From Magnums Classics to some Chiruca high leg hunting boots (Goretex, Thinsulate, fleece - lined)
Odd as the boots we bought from Gaslolina have a leather flap that fits agains your leg so the metal zipper never touches you.:confused:

Do not sweat it!
I wear Harley shirts that were given to me, all the time!
They are good quality Ts, make friends and besides, I prefer greasing friends rather than enemies with my R3R!
Laughing.gif
Yeh I hear ya, like it really bothers me to wear a Harley shirt or any other while riding a particular machine. I am learning my lesson however and going to more unbranded riding apparel.

Well, and then there are my old BMW Savannah boots by Italian boot maker Sidi. I last wore these on my ride up to the Arctic Circle via the northern Yukon Territory in 2015. The are a little worse for wear but indestructible.

Boots.JPG

Back