Perfect Rocket Retro Boots

Well, and then there are my old BMW Savannah boots by Italian boot maker Sidi. I last wore these on my ride up to the Arctic Circle via the northern Yukon Territory in 2015. The are a little worse for wear but indestructible.

Boots.JPG

Sidi makes some very fine kicks - I've had many pair of Sidi cycling shoes :thumbsup:

I have been wearing the same Red Wing Engineer boots for the last 12+ years and they have served me quite well because; #1) I am a daytrip rider, #2) I never purposely ride in the rain, and #3 they have been resoled and reconditioned by Red Wing, so they are as new.

That said, they are as soft and supple as glove leather, they do not have an additional layer or toe patch of leather to prevent wear from a shifter (they show no wear in that regard, though), they cannot be made waterproof and they lack the types of foot protection features of a proper or purpose built motorcycle boot with armor or additional reinforcement that any quality motorcycle boot should have to maximally protect a rider's feet in the event of a get-off.

BTW, I'm not into the state or storm trooper look of pants tucked into any sort of boot, which is simply a matter of personal preference regarding how I choose to present myself to the public at large.

I have been wearing the same Red Wing Engineer boots for the last 12+ years and they have served me quite well because; #1) I am a daytrip rider, #2) I never purposely ride in the rain, and #3 they have been resoled and reconditioned by Red Wing, so they are as new.

That said, they are as soft and supple as glove leather, they do not have an additional layer or toe patch of leather to prevent wear from a shifter (they show no wear in that regard, though), they cannot be made waterproof and they lack the types of foot protection features of a proper or purpose built motorcycle boot with armor or additional reinforcement that any quality motorcycle boot should have to maximally protect a rider's feet in the event of a get-off.

BTW, I'm not into the state or storm trooper look of pants tucked into any sort of boot, which is simply a matter of personal preference regarding how I choose to present myself to the public at large.
You will have to undertake a radical lifestyle change or copy @RKTNMYPKT 's pants free style if you still want to qualify for Kim Il Sung's 'Silly Walking Troupe' then won't you! ;):p:roll::roll::roll:

They are rear entry

I used to date a girl like that.

Well, and then there are my old BMW Savannah boots by Italian boot maker Sidi. I last wore these on my ride up to the Arctic Circle via the northern Yukon Territory in 2015. The are a little worse for wear but indestructible.

Boots.JPG

I'm still wearing the high top boots I bought from you a few years ago. Those in the pic look like beauties.

ECDC77BE-2C67-41D8-A1FC-33FB69A61DF7.jpeg
9B79E95C-CF39-4D08-9159-367D1C1D37B5.jpeg
I recently acquired these cool retro boots from Gasolina boots out of Mexico. They offer several styles of motorcycle riding boots The ventilated Shortcuts are my favorite summer riding boots.

Gasolina Boots
Looks like they would keep the heat from cooking your leg.......just not sure as ive never seen any men in Aus tucking their jeans into their boots like that , well unless they were riding a float in Oxford st :)

You will have to undertake a radical lifestyle change or copy @RKTNMYPKT 's pants free style if you still want to qualify for Kim Il Sung's 'Silly Walking Troupe' then won't you! ;):p:roll::roll::roll:

I think that i can handle that 'shrub, but I sure as Hell have some lines that will never be crossed, for instance (please don't think the lesser of me, Jim;))...

The Dude abides!

6020714.jpg

ECDC77BE-2C67-41D8-A1FC-33FB69A61DF7.jpeg
9B79E95C-CF39-4D08-9159-367D1C1D37B5.jpeg
I recently acquired these cool retro boots from Gasolina boots out of Mexico. They offer several styles of motorcycle riding boots The ventilated Shortcuts are my favorite summer riding boots.

Gasolina Boots

I went a different route. Had a pair of Harley harness boots but wanted something with full ankle protection but easy to walk in like sneaker. These are super comfy..and waterproof
Dainese-Motorshoe-Air-4_ml.jpg

That said, they are as soft and supple as glove leather, they do not have an additional

Looks like they would keep the heat from cooking your leg.......just not sure as ive never seen any men in Aus tucking their jeans into their boots like that , well unless they were riding a float in Oxford st :)

My wife is not a fan either. She says it’s gayer than chit. It is a retro look that was common on early bikes where britches legs needed to be kept out of chains and sprockets. Roads were not paved and additional protection was needed from all kinds of things. In that era things were very different and it was a functional thing.

I march to a different drumbeat and am not always concerned about the criticism of others. Also not being gay I’m not threatened by anyone thinking it might look gay.

Last edited:
Back