Penner tune on a 2023 GT

Because if a map can be installed, then I can install it. I dont need to understand the entire workings of something to use it.
Im not altering the map, only install it.
I'm only installing a timing belt not altering the timing......same analogy

I'm only installing a timing belt not altering the timing......same analogy

In this case he wants to install it - but he does not have the slightest idea how to do it and he has no clue what he can destroy by doing it the wrong way.

My concern is that he wants something just because he wants it and this might end in an expensive repair.

But hey - why do I care...

🥳

Because if a map can be installed, then I can install it. I dont need to understand the entire workings of something to use it.
Im not altering the map, only install it. Thats why the hell I want it. I would bet 75 percent of the people riding bikes have no idea how they work, but they ride them.
dont worry, more than 1000 people have installed penner map and no issues to date.

I posted on another thread, but I dont want to hijack that thread with my questions.
I have a 23 GT and would like to try the penner map. I know nothing when it comes to computers, and all the computer tech talk just confuses me.
How do I get the tune, and what is needed on my part so it can be installed.
I have friends to help with the computer part, I just need to know how to get the tune and whats needed
I understand where youre going with this and i guess we are all the same when it comes to playing with something we dont understand. I have tuned a few bikes using tuneecu and downloaded maybe 4 Penner tunes to Rockets and was in the dark myself but went ahead and eventually learned the answers to my questions.
If its too daunting for you maybe you could get yourself a Power Commander 5 via the Dynojet site and take it to a Dyno shop and get them to install it and then tune the bike. It will certainly make a difference to the stock map you are running now.

Thats why im asking here, I dont want to destroy anything. I do not own a computer, but my phone is android.
I hate how lean bikes come from the factory, thats why I want the tune. I installed exhaust which doesnt help the lean condition. I dont need the extra power. I simply want it to run better. Im fully aware that im computer stupid, all I asked was how to do it to try and understand it.
I do have friends that can help if I have the run down on what to do.
I have always just bought power commanders or fuel pacs and pluged in the supplied map, never had to install a map this way.

I was in the same frame of mind. It is pretty intimidating at first. Then the day or two lag on updating your bike into the system makes you wonder if all went right. BUT, be patient give Penner time to add your bike and just follow the instructions. No harm to the ECU, everything can be erased by the dealer if they update the software at next service. Just reload the custom map and enjoy. Triumph should be ashamed of holding the power back on these bikes.

Triumph should be ashamed of holding the power back on these bikes.
Not my opinion. If they did not helt back on the power then they would not have complied with euro-5 emission standards and that would have been the end of the Rocket, same as what happened to the v-max (euro-4)

Last edited:
Not my opinion. If they did not helt back on the power then they would not have complied with euro-5 emission standards and that would have been the end of the Rocket, same as what happened to the v-max (euro-4)
The whole world is not just full of Euro 5 or Cali emission nuts. The natural CO2 and methane far surpasses anything humans can create. :thumbsup:

I was in the same frame of mind. It is pretty intimidating at first. Then the day or two lag on updating your bike into the system makes you wonder if all went right. BUT, be patient give Penner time to add your bike and just follow the instructions. No harm to the ECU, everything can be erased by the dealer if they update the software at next service. Just reload the custom map and enjoy. Triumph should be ashamed of holding the power back on these bikes.
but we are not getting more than 20-25 hp gain on a 2500cc engine. so the some thing is not right when it comes to power output. it should be 200+ stock from factory

Back