Penner tune on a 2023 GT

I have I question, my rocket was purchased in Europe (Portugal) 2023 gt model, but I had it shipped to Africa (Angola) where on currently residing, the dealer said he had to flash an African specic map/firmware on the bike before sending it, so I'm wondering if the Penner tune is compatible. Any idea?
In the standard maps section of TuneECU there is an Argentina, Indonesia and South Africa stock map, you can always load the Penner tables into that and apply it.

Does anyone have the later UK GT map (my VIN is AV7307) with the Penner maps imported? I am not 100% confident in doing it myself but will have a go if I have to :oops:

Does anyone have the later UK GT map (my VIN is AV7307) with the Penner maps imported? I am not 100% confident in doing it myself but will have a go if I have to :oops:
The stock all markets (including the UK) GT map from VIN AV5456 is map 31248. The Penner maps are for prior vins. I copied the Penner F, ETV3 (sport), and AFR tables into 31248. Penner’s L and I tables are the same as stock for the all markets GT (which is not always the case depending on the market and model). Since the stock tunes are the same for US and all markets, and R and GT, I would think that all of Penner’s tunes would be the same. Penner’s ETV1 (rain) is f’ed up in the all markets GT tune so I left rain and road as stock. Sport is unrestricted up top and more aggressive than stock. Can’t attach it here so PM me your email address.

Last edited:
The stock all markets (including the UK) GT map from VIN AV5456 is map 31248. The Penner maps are for prior vins. I copied the Penner F, ETV3 (sport), and AFR tables into 31248. Penner’s L and I tables are the same as stock for the all markets GT (which is not always the case depending on the market and model). Since the stock tunes are the same for US and all markets, and R and GT, I would think that all of Penner’s tunes would be the same. Penner’s ETV1 (rain) is f’ed up in the all markets GT tune so I left rain and road as stock. Sport is unrestricted up top and more aggressive than stock. Can’t attach it here so PM me your email address.
PM coming your way bud :thumbsup:

Elsewhere in this forum are concerns about putting Penner’s tunes on Euro 5 or new 2022 or 2023 Rockets. I’m not sure if the newer stock tunes (see above) are for Euro 5 but since they are specified as “from vin AV5456”, one could assume they are. Then one only has to copy Penner’s tables into these tunes.

People have had Tuneecu crashing independent of this issue. Here is a link (post 795) from this site to a Tuneecu recovery method for the new Rockets:

Last edited:
On a 2'500 ccm Rocket 3 - Motor we should get at minimum 250 bhp - stock from factory!

But you see: 200+ hp is quite a lot when you consider that there is about 250 Nm of Torque on top of that.

Here 200+bhp/~250Nm Rocket 3 power in action:
;)

Last edited:
On a 2'500 ccm Rocket 3 - Motor we should get at minimum 250 bhp - stock from factory!

But you see: 200+ hp is quite a lot when you consider that there is about 250 Nm of Torque on top of that.

;)
Mine, at the wheel, is 173hp and 152tq now. Where I really notice the tune is at highway speeds, 60-80mph. The throttle input response is amazing. If you drop down a gear? Brutal. Two gears down will have you in beast mode…. It is truly amazing. Thank you Konrad!

;)
200 bhp is BS. The dyno graph shows 170.49 rwhp after removing the throttle restriction. This is the same as what people are getting from Penner’s tune, which is free

200 bhp is BS. The dyno graph shows 170.49 rwhp after removing the throttle restriction. This is the same as what people are getting from Penner’s tune, which is fre

As I wrote just use the tuned Maps from Tuner Ulf Penner for the TFC, as a good tuning basis !!!

+ Remember: 170 rwhp is about 200 bhp eq. (167 PS on R/GT or ~175 PS at TFC) +35 or +25 PS == 200 PS
- So please don't blame me what I have posted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back