The way this works is you get an Android tablet (or phone), install the Tuneecu app on it, pay for the app, buy an OBDLink Lx or MX+ Bluetooth interface module (no other brand Bluetooth module is guaranteed to work), get the Penner tune that’s right for your model and vin onto the android device, and use Tuneecu to load it to your bike. Anyone familar with this could use your equipment, get it set up, and load the tune. There’s a professional version of Tuneecu that costs a lot more that tuners
can use on an unlimited number if bikes. If you can find someone, assuming they have the OBDLink Bluetooth module, they could do the whole thing for you for a fee. What model do you have? Before or after AV5457?

P.S. Someone with the professional Tuneecu license could remove the speed limiter. Otherwise, if you had the individual license, you would simply pay for that feature before loading the tune.
Hi There. I have 2021 model Triumph Rocket 3 GT VIN SMTYBG10J5MAC etc

Hi There. I have 2021 model Triumph Rocket 3 GT VIN SMTYBG10J5MAC etc
It’s the last 6 digits of the vin. Triumph came out with updated stock tunes starting at AV5457. Penner initially posted tunes for the US/Canada market and all markets except where specific stock maps exist. This would be Europe. However, there are specific stock tunes for the Argentina/Indonesia/South Africa market. NZ Rockets fall into this market. Why does this matter? All of the stock Rocket tunes are the same in terms of fueling, timing, idle, electronic throttle etc. But there is other stuff in the base tunes that is market specific. You don’t want a base tune for another market to be loaded into your bike.

So someone from NZ would want to copy Penner’s tune data into the NZ base map and load that to the bike. The NZ base map for the 2021 GT is 31017. Penner recently posted new tunes for US-Canada R and GT models with newer vins above AV5457. I would copy these data into your base tune. I’ve probably already done this for someone in NZ or OZ. It would take me about 5 min. I could send it to you and whoever could load it for you.

Last edited:
Back