PAIR VALVE BLANK OFF PLATES

RICHARD ALBANS

Powerfulone
Ride
Supercharged 2020 Rocket 3.
We decided to make a big effort to stop the popping on overrun so have made blank off plates. That and remapping with our Power commander V should ease the problem.
IMG_2831.jpg

What happens if you only disable the PAIR valves? Does the AFR go out the window? I'd imagine it would run less lean/better?

Just curious as i owned Kawasaki Vulcan where the previous owner had removed the PAIR plumbing. He did nothing else and claimed it ran better and stopped making gunfight at OK corrall-impressions on deceleration. (I can of course only attest to the latter since i never drove it with PAIR plumbing intact.)

Just curious as i owned Kawasaki Vulcan where the previous owner had removed the PAIR plumbing. He did nothing else and claimed it ran better and stopped making gunfight at OK corrall-impressions on deceleration. (I can of course only attest to the latter since i never drove it with PAIR plumbing intact.)
[/QUOTE
Exactly stop the popping on over run. My R3 in standard form popped on over run it was muffled by the silencer but was there. With my open pipe its annoyingly loud, this should stop it. So anyone fitting a loud pipe will have the same issue.

Pulsed air induction reed valves. They feed air into the exhaust near the exhaust ports to burn off any remaining unburnt fuel mixture.

And burble on over-run, just like a leaking exhaust.

Bloody emission controls................
A a form of Secondary Air Injectoin like the sptints has. Just speculating!

Does the pair system pull air from the cam area inside the cover? If so, won't blocking the outlet cause over pressurizing the engine? Just me thinking as the system reminds me of the early 70's-80's V8 engines had an air pump to pump air into the exhaust.

Does the pair system pull air from the cam area inside the cover? If so, won't blocking the outlet cause over pressurizing the engine? Just me thinking as the system reminds me of the early 70's-80's V8 engines had an air pump to pump air into the exhaust.
No it pulls it from outside.

Back