PAIR VALVE BLANK OFF PLATES

BIG can or worms opened up here. I'm 70+ years old, so I remember the old days when pollution was just a thought. Adding an air pump/compressor to pump air into the exhaust manifolds was explained as, adding more oxygen to the outlet exhaust gasses, to help burn off any un-burnt fuel. In REALITY, all it is doing, is adding fresh air to the exhaust, thus DILUTING the measured CO2, carbon monoxide etc. etc. that is coming out the tail pipes. ;) Kinda like watering down your drink, and giving passing marks when a sniffer is up the pipe. I argued this for many years in the 70's when they started all the lean burn cwap. It's all measured in parts per million. Adding air dilutes the measurement. Back in the 80's I had a Chevy 396 in a Ford pickup, lived in Dade County Florida, where at the time vehicle inspections were required every year, including an emissions test, with sniffers up the tail pipes. I removed the air pump, plugged the holes in the exhaust manifolds. Installed a Carter thermo quad, tuned it sorta lean, and PASSED the test. BTW my pickup was a crew cab, and because of the weight, it wasn't required to have cats on.

Run regular gas to help reduce the popping (higher octane burns slower so more unburnt fuel out the exhaust port) and embrace the remaining popping as a sign of total immense power!

Back