Paint Matched to Classic Beetles

By the way did you ever get that PM from me? I was wondering if the laptop measurements might be okay for those beetle bags by Corbin.
Thanks,
Dennis

Molinoman,

I'm getting caught up with some threads and you sure do keep an audience captivated. Sounds like high adventure.

Anyway, I have "Corbin Beetle Bags" and I put my son's "Dell Inspiron" laptop right in no problem. I admit there was no more than an inch to spare in the width and about the same in length but the Corbin's are carpet lined and need only a little foam support to keep the laptop static. Dimensions for my sons laptop are 14"L X 10 1/2"W X 1 1/2" thick. I also tried to cram the laptop in while inside it's soft carrying case. That's not going to happen any time soon.:eek:

Your 15.4 inch length may be doable, but the width can handle maybe 11 1/2 ".

Last edited:
Shoot'in the bull about Kabul.....

Dennis:

My friend is single. I know he takes 200 bucks of his paycheck for pin money and the wad comes Stateside, to his parents. He always had a beard here. Not there. G' masks don't fit well over facial hair. He eats with the military personnel almost all the time and gets bored regularly. He's getting rich if he can keep his hide. There is no way you can blend in over there. Last time I talked to him, he said this was his last contract. I understand (from him) that your first 80K per year is completely tax free. He's a bit over that, about another 80K.:D

Good money

Flip, your friend is doing pretty good if he is making that. I would probably have been almost in that range if I would have stayed with KBR on a consistent basis. Usually I just do a year to maybe 14 months or so and then come home for awhile...probably the only reason the wife puts up with it.

Generally when you go thru processing in Houston to come over here you have to be clean shaven as you have to go thru gas mask training and they want to make sure your mask they issue you is leak proof. Once you are over here a lot of guys grow beards, goatees and the like. Heck, even I have a beard but it'll come off when I come home.

But one of the advantages of being over here is, like last year, I was able to get the 06 Gold Wing and now after this trip is over I should be riding around on a new Rocket Classic.

Tomo, thanks for the measurements, as you found out, I kind of figured the laptop wasn't going to go in the beetle bags inside a case...but that was what I kind of expected, so that is good news.

I listened to the exhaust audio clips last night, not sure what I want to do in that area yet, as I haven't heard the stock sound yet. I may have to wait till I get home and can hear some different ones "live".

Thanks for the info.
Dennis

Sound? What sound?

Dennis:

The stock system makes no noise whatsoever, well, it sounds like my big 30 CFM air compressor, sort of a huffa, huffa, huffa, real fast. Not unpleasant but not testesterone eliciting either. Having a Bonneville with custom headers and straight pipes more than makes up the difference though. One nice thing is you can hear the wind and the motor growl when you get on it. Personally, I like quiet and stealthy.:D

Back