Oil Tank Plaque

I just got my Red plexi glass,, something to do (still waiting my lacer cut steel plate)

quote=hombre;34642]Mike

I used 1/4" fluorescent acrylic (Plexiglass) and reverse engraved it. The easist way to get it right, is to take your Triumph oil tank plaque to the sign shop to use as exact pattern. They should have a good selection of typefaces in their laser engraver from which to choose.

If your local sign shop doesn't have a source for fluorescent acrylic, you can get a few colors here: http://search.express.ebay.com/merchant/delvies-plastics_W0QQ_tosZ1?_rkw=fluorescent[/quote]

Hi Hombre I just come lacer engrave company and they told that I got same result ,just putting reverce white sticcer .. for text ( lets see recult ) text is nightmare

Plexiglass

Hombre:
I like the idea of using decal/sticker text rather than the cost of laser. What order should the layers be in and sizes?
Are the edges beveled in anyway or just straight cut?

Bottom: Blue Plexiglass .25 inch ?
MiddleText: White decal/sticker ?
Applied to bottom of Clear Plexiglass ?
Top: Clear Plexiglass .125 inch ?

From all the question marks, you can see
I need help. A description of assembly
much appreciated.

Many Thanks:

No layers at all... just 1/4" thick fluorescent plexiglass. The color of the fluorescent tint will give you the bright glowing edges. You can use a white decal applied to the inside (back) of the plexiglass for a similar effect, but laser cutting and engraving should only cost you $25 total for simple script like mine. This price also includes cutting the plexiglass to the shape of the old OEM placque, and cutting the mounting holes. If you cut the plexiglass by another method (saw?) you will have to buff the edges perfectly smooth to get the glowing effect.

BTW, clear or non-fluorescent plexiglass will not glow... no how, no way.

Attachments

• rocket 2301.jpg
    rocket 2301.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
They both look great! I bet you two get a lot of attention when you ride together. :eek:

Plexiglass for my new oil tank plaque. When backed in white, the edges and engraving should show fluorescent blue... :cool:

Man, I don't know you, this forum and a few PM's aside. I am not even sure I'd want to.

But you sure are class:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jamie. You as well... anyone with the word "mansuetude" in their vocabulary ranks pretty high in my esteem.

Back