Oil Tank Plaque

hombre

Nitrous
Plexiglass for my new oil tank plaque. When backed in white, the edges and engraving should show fluorescent blue... we shall see. :cool:

When you make up oil tank
plaque , have you picked out a
phrase to insert or maybe # 's
Ex :
2.3 killer watts
or
Reds Faster :D

wayne

I'll have to think on the name a bit, but I kinda liked your original suggestion, Wayne.

Here's the fluorescent effect in daylight:

Ain't optics cool?:D

I'm really pleased with the way this turned out... the edges glow blue both in sunlight and shade.

Fluorescent plexiglass is available in many tints to match almost any bike. If you'd like something similar for your R3, any sign shop with a nitrogen laser can cut and engrave it. Just remember you saw it here first... not at that other worthless place. ;)

With the backorder problem Triumph is experiencing getting anything is like June but that is one sweet way to go.

Nice , i still waiting my lacer cut oiltank plate, but that is relly nice !!

Great work and good idea

Love it Walt... Gonna start checking sign shops around here... Still awaiting arrival of my turbo kit.... He is awaiting custom chrome flanges for the exhaust he supplies with the kit...

Mike....

Mike

I used 1/4" fluorescent acrylic (Plexiglass) and reverse engraved it. The easist way to get it right, is to take your Triumph oil tank plaque to the sign shop to use as exact pattern. They should have a good selection of typefaces in their laser engraver from which to choose.

If your local sign shop doesn't have a source for fluorescent acrylic, you can get a few colors here: http://search.express.ebay.com/merchant/delvies-plastics_W0QQ_tosZ1?_rkw=fluorescent

Back