Oil leak on the 2020 GT

B/S. Dealerspeak for "nip up the bolt."

There is nothing there to be "removed and machined" if it's the bolt in the pics.

B/S. Dealerspeak for "nip up the bolt."

There is nothing there to be "removed and machined" if it's the bolt in the pics.
So they want to keep the bike for a week or a week and a half in order to cover up the fact that a bolt needs to be tightened? Gotcha. And the reasoning behind this is........?

Yeah can't machine the bolt or washer and I doubt they're going to remove hole case from bike and machine it.

Sounds to me like they were told to say that so triumph doesn't look like crap with a loose leaking bolt.

@Azisbest Have the dealer provide you with a loaner bike. I feel your pain well as it is always riding season in Virginia too, we just don't have that intense heat; ours seldom goes over 100F. My dealer gives me another bike, usually in hope I will buy it or one like it but that's okay. And as long as I get to ride, I am happy even when the bike hurts my lower bike like the last one did. Riding always beat caging...

Ask them. And also ask what exactly IS the part they want machined??? I reckon we'd all be very interested.
Well its going to be in the 70s so we are riding today but I will try to cal them, if not I will call Monday.

@Azisbest Have the dealer provide you with a loaner bike. I feel your pain well as it is always riding season in Virginia too, we just don't have that intense heat; ours seldom goes over 100F. My dealer gives me another bike, usually in hope I will buy it or one like it but that's okay. And as long as I get to ride, I am happy even when the bike hurts my lower bike like the last one did. Riding always beat caging...
I will try to get that loaner. Yea the heat is intense in the summer but that just means we get up early and head up to the mountains and the cool pines. I can be at 9000+ feet in 1-1/2 hours and over 10000 in about 3 hours.

I will try to get that loaner. Yea the heat is intense in the summer but that just means we get up early and head up to the mountains and the cool pines. I can be at 9000+ feet in 1-1/2 hours and over 10000 in about 3 hours.

Herman loaned my hus bike for the day back in May one year. I did love those mountains..

Back