Oil leak on the 2020 GT

I had the same leak on mine. There is a bolt with a copper washer under it above the shifter. It looks to be a connecting passage for oil flow. The screw is loctited in place. The torque spec is very low. I loosened the bolt a few threads with a 12mm wrench then tightened it slightly beyond torque spec by feel of hand. Leak has stopped and not come back. I suspect that the torque spec is not seating the sealing washer completely and with 50psi of oil pressure you get a seaping.
Hope this helps!

I had the same leak on mine. There is a bolt with a copper washer under it above the shifter. It looks to be a connecting passage for oil flow. The screw is loctited in place. The torque spec is very low. I loosened the bolt a few threads with a 12mm wrench then tightened it slightly beyond torque spec by feel of hand. Leak has stopped and not come back. I suspect that the torque spec is not seating the sealing washer completely and with 50psi of oil pressure you get a seaping.
Hope this helps!

You should consider giving Triumph some feedback on that Chris. While dealerships are scratching their collective heads trying to figure out what the problem is, you might have resolved it.

Back