Oil leak on the 2020 GT

Correct...basically rip out the engine, send the trans case to a shop to have it "sealed", then reassemble - scary to see the bike in pieces, but the dealer managed to get it working.
I keep an eye on mine and dread finding anything wet. Trouble in Wales UK - stringent covid rules - this bike has hardly been out this year..

Don't want to worry you - I too have a GT- but there have been reports of porous casings. Will keep you informed..
Yes this is true. I have a TFC which had the issue from day 1. The engine had to be pulled from the bike and the case was sent off to be “Rehardened”, lol, if that’s even a word. I was very skeptical in the beginning but I must admit, the repair was completed, bike reassembled, and Triumph USA has bent over backwards trying to make things right. I appreciated their honesty and communication, even though I didn’t really want to hear what they were telling me. I have owned so many bikes over the years and I’ve never seen a company try that hard to make it right. I’ll always own a Triumph motorbike now. Best of luck with your issues and I hope your fix turns out as well as mine.

A little off topic but I finally decided I had a pourous casting leak on my 2015 R3T. It would weep oil..not bad but enough to be a serious leak, but a constant annoyance. I finally fix it myself with some high temperature epoxy putty and silicone. I ground the area clean and molded things in. It never leaked again, but it's not something you want to see on a new bike.

20180813_123157-picsay.jpg
20181102_185157.jpg
20181102_185357.jpg
20181102_185443.jpg

Correct...basically rip out the engine, send the trans case to a shop to have it "sealed", then reassemble - scary to see the bike in pieces, but the dealer managed to get it working.
Here we go, mine still leaking after they replaced the bolt and the washer. I just want to know a little bit more about your problem and how it got fixed, I already called Triumph and told them about it and they said they haven’t heard of any problems yet. Was yours leaking from that same bolt?

Attachments

• 0CA8E4A6-6648-466C-99F5-2B3130035235.jpeg
    0CA8E4A6-6648-466C-99F5-2B3130035235.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 27
Here we go, mine still leaking after they replaced the bolt and the washer. I just want to know a little bit more about your problem and how it got fixed, I already called Triumph and told them about it and they said they haven’t heard of any problems yet. Was yours leaking from that same bolt?
It's sad that they are lying about it.
That's where my leak was as well as several others on this forum.
After mine was finally fixed, I asked for some compensation and they gave me $250 credit to use toward accessories. Don't let up on them!
Good luck.

Back