oem headlight off switch

nightrocket

.040 Over
so i recently read that the triumph logo that looks like a button on the right hand grip is a headlight off switch if the bike isnot a usa build. how would someone go about getting one of those switches so as to install an accesory and make it look stock or poss a hiden switch? just a thought

You can't get an on / off switch. The entire motorcycling world went to lights on at all times about a year ago, so the part numbers have been removed for the dealer parts listings.

I'll be horned:eek: And here I thought that was for some high dollar accessory I've not yet plugged into. And I need that switch for when I'm tuning the beast and I don't want the headlight running the battery down. :(

Last edited:
I'll be horned:eek: And here I thought that was for some high dollar accessory I've not yet plugged into. And I need that switch for when I'm tuning the beast and I don't want the headlight running the battery down. :(

We pull the 20 amp fuse to save the battery while doing mapping. It kills the head lights, but the bike will not start without that fuse.

I'm not coordinated enough to put the fuse in and take it out and put it back in again and again with operations on the TuneBoy Diagnostics that require it to be running and not. I'd sure like that switch ;) ? Is there a micro fuse with a switch on it :D

I just bought a right hand control for a MY96+ Trophy that appears to have the headlight control switch. Of course, I had to get it out of the UK and pay a bit for shipping...

I'll let you know how it goes.

I looked for one on ebay.co.uk, found someone willing to ship to the US and it was a done deal. What sucks is that $1USD = .047GBP.

Total after shipping was $50.

May seem steep for some but I think it'll be worth it in the end to have a factory switch.

Once I get it, maybe it's made by someone else (outsourcing by Triumph would be such a huge surprise...) and I can get the manufacturer part number. Who knows....

Back