obd2 torque app

Ripper

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Ok here is what I know so far. I love cool techi things so I went online and found a v-gate obd2 adapter
and purchased it. ( like 21 bucks ) I also downloaded a app called torque pro. they have a free version
but I bought the full version for like 5 bucks. (droid phone) So I plugged the adapter into my 13 rocket touring's obd2 port and setup the Bluetooth on my phone and bam i got readings. I need more time with it but I found a tachometer, coolant temp, speedometer, gps speedometer, fuel flow, throttle percentage, mpg
instant and mpg average all work. kinda cool. There is a second or so lag most noted on the tach but
not a big problem unless you plan on going to the drag strip. lol. I am still learning and may post some videos if anyone is interested.

I run a Garmin Nuvi that does a lot of the same thing. Bought the Nuvi on sale at Tiger Direct for a good price and the OBD2 transmitter off of ebay. I wanted it for the tach, other than my 66 yamaha 60 I believe this is the only other bike I have owned without a tach and I wasn't real happy about that.

bob

@Bob R can you say which model Nuvi that is? How did you get torque onto it?

Looks like a prime candidate for permeates install behind my flyscreen and paring with an OBD2 done to have coolant temp, voltage and IAT visible!

It is a Garmin Nuvi 3490LMT. You have a selection of different "gauges" to show and where they show up at. I was mainly after the tach because the R3T doesn't have one so I placed it in the center. I am pretty sure I picked it up @ Tiger Direct but it is a few years old so it may be a thing of the past. You will also need the Garmin Mechanic with ecoRoute to plug into the OBD2 plug.

I am sure they still have other ones that work though, just go with one a few model years old and you can save a bundle over the latest technology.

bob

Just a caution about which OBDII adapter you get - it should have a manual switch or an auto-off or it will run down your battery if bike is parked up for a while* (unless its being tendered of course)
If there is no switch (or auto sleep) you should unplug it
*Not like that will happen overnight, but if left for extended periods

Just a caution about which OBDII adapter you get - it should have a manual switch or an auto-off or it will run down your battery if bike is parked up for a while* (unless its being tendered of course)
If there is no switch (or auto sleep) you should unplug it
*Not like that will happen overnight, but if left for extended periods
I have had torque for several years and have used it to clear faults on the fly. Once while driving a chevy work van on an interstate, my check engine light came on. I grabbed the bluetooth odb and inserted it up under the dash, brought up Torque on my android, pulled the fault code which turned out to be a tps issue and cleared the fault all while driving. Have wanted to mount an android tablet running Torque behind the fairing on the R3 but I would probably spend too much time looking at IT rather than the road.

So, I'll second what Decosse posted about a way to turn obd2 dongles. Even the tuneboy, w hi ich is supposed to auto-off, killed my battery overnight.

I don't see how having a couple more gauges would be distracting, unless you feel the need to constantly stare at them lol.

Back