obd2 torque app

NOTE:
I have found the Garmin Mechanic will NOT work with any of the Garmin Zumos. :thumbsdown:

Avoid Distraction
We all know distracted driving is a bad idea, but it’s worse when you’re riding a bike. One of the keys to staying safe on a motorcycle is staying hyper-aware of everything that’s going on around you. Remember, motorcycles are tough for drivers to see –especially drivers in large cars or SUVs. You need to see and avoid them, rather than bet on them seeing you. If you’re fiddling with your phone or iPod, you’re reaction time is cut by several precious seconds, putting you at higher risk of a collision. And running into a Chevy Suburban while going 60 miles per hour (96.6 kilometers per hour) is no one’s idea of a good time.

In addition to the risk of distraction, taking your hands off your bike lessens your control more than taking your hands off the wheel of your car. Not only is steering compromised, but so is braking, accelerating and shifting. It’s just a bad idea.

If you’re on a bike, remove all temptation for distraction. Don’t wear headphones, and put your phone where you can’t get to it.

Not my words(on the above copied it) but good advice, last weekend at a gas station a guy on a Yamaha pulled up at the pump next to me he was sitting on his bike for about 30 sec stepped off the bike wham bike fell over he was so busy finishing the call on his phone that he forgot to put his side stand down, he gave me one dirty look as I was shaking my head and laughing at the same time.(I did help him pick it up)

I am not familiar enough with these to answer any questions and living here in Michigan I haven't had much riding time to play with it. With that said, going off the advice of a friend of mine who is much more knowledgeable about these things that myself he suggested this one. In his experience it reads the fastest (the most realtime information) and it does have an auto sleep feature. I do have torque pro also. Like I said I can't personally recommend it yet but figured I'd throw it in this thread if anyone was interested in checking it out.

I Actually bought the TORQUE App for the same reason.. buy a bluetooth adapter and have a phone with torque showing all the details ... but when I realized that the update speed was super slow, laggy and only showed specific information that the bike can provide (not all options) available I gave up and decided its not worth it... but man its a cool idea. I just wish it was smoother and faster updating.

I have the ScanTool OBDLink that Chomas linked to. I use it in my cars and rucks as well. There is more information availbe than comes up on its menu, you need to knwo how to write a custom PID for it. On the tuner car forums there are lists of custom PIDs and how to write them. I haven't found any for the R3 yet but keep hoping.

Back