No TPS Green Light

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
Running TuneECU on a 2013 Roadster with TORs. Made some basic changes and can't get a green light on the TPS. Tried all kinds of ways to reset adaptive. Nothing is working to make the TPS light go green. Clicked on ISCV. Read .59V said to adjust nut to .60V. Then click again. What nut where ? Clicked again anyway read .69V said to adjust nut to .72V then click again. OK I need some help. Could this low V be the cause of not getting the TPS green light ? What do I do to adjust this ?

Usually when you do a ISCV reset you click it and it backs the Throttle Stepper Motor out fully so you can set the TPS to .6 volts + or - .02 volts then you click it again and it moves the stepper motor in and you check to see if the movement made the the throttle position change by .12 volts thus your new reading would be .72 volts again + or - .02 volts.

I would say the first thign you should do is verify you linked up with the ECU. This is pretty easy just do a fan test, a throttle stepper motor test, or a tach test works great also. in each case your fan should cycle on, or you will hear the throttle stepper motor move, and lastly you would see the tach sweap. These are good ways to insure the lap top is hooked to the ECU. then we could go from there.

The nut your adjusting is on the end of the idle stepper motor when you do this the OEM way or when initally setting up the stepper motor you would check the gap between the stepper motor roller and the throttle cam.

this can now be done electronically with the new tune softwares.

below is a picture of the nut I was referring to.

PA210280.JPG

below is the cam and roller you would check with a feeler gauge to see if you have the right gap. But now days this gap is measured electronically by registering the .12 volt movement of the stepper motor in relation to the TPS sensor movement.
TPS Close =.60v then the ecu moves it + .12v for a total od .72v final reading during the test. (+ or - .02 deviation for a total of .04 votage tolerance)

PA210279.JPG

Sorry about the fancy pointer I borrowed it from my grand daughter :)

Hope this helps some, as I pointed out see if you are connected by performing some of the simple test. Then see if the bugger will copy a map. I believe you should also have the map that you are going to use/modify/or install opened up when performing simple diagnotstics. In tune boy it would not matter because they are two seperate programs. one being tune boy dash and the other being tune edit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the adjustment info. What do I need to do to get the TPS light to come on green ?
Like I said you should first make sure you are actually linked to the bike by trying the cooling fan test and see if you fan turns on. Also go to options and see if yours is set to auto connect or if you will have to tell it to connect to the ecu.

Definitely got connected. Tried it half a dozen ways. Auto connect and tell to connect. I was able to run the tests and change the fan on temp and the idle RPM, Nothing else took. No green light TPS.

I can not explain to you why it worked with mine, nor do I even know what the problem with mine was at the time. I could not get the TPS light, I had changed maps from the stock map to one off the TuneEcu site at the time. I could put the stock map back in the bike and get the TPS light within a couple of minutes, put the new map in and no light..
So I changed the name of the original map so I would know what it was, I then copied the tables from the new map to the stock map, saved it with the same name it had, loaded it and had the light in short order. Again I do not know what the problem was, or what this did to fix it but it did.....I am NOT telling you , you should do this,
but I was a computer analyst for years and have seen a lot of unexplainable gremlins in software / computer relationships. I would suggest at least trying to save your map to your computer, and then going through the proper steps to reload it to the ECU as if it were a new map you were installing...

What changes did you make, TPS settings?

Read through this...
http://www.r3owners.net/threads/adaption-reset-not-taking.12167/

Thanks for the adjustment info. What do I need to do to get the TPS light to come on green ?
I would send a e-mail to Tom maybe your tune ecu program has abug in it. I wonder if it could be the cable? are you using a regular cable or a tune boy cable. The reason I ask is if its a newer tuen boy cable maybe Wayne mcdonald is making them different now days to protect his design rights. I am just bouncing ideas here but I would send a e-mail to Tom and ask he responds pretty quickly. I have a tune ecu cable but I must admit I never used it since I have paid for tuen boy and get pretty good service from them blokes.

Back