2005 TR3 Roadster TORS no CAT

Busaboy

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
New to me 2005 TR3 Roadster, TORS no CAT, 23K miles. Third owner of bike. No idea what "tune" the bike has.

Bike pops a lot on decel and does not seem that fast. I looked for a baseline tune for the mods this bike has but no luck. Can someone give a link or number of the "base" tune from the dealer and improved tunes developed over time?

G'Day @Busaboy
Firstly Roadsters were not released until 2010 and have ABS brakes.
Download tuneECU and select the tune that most suits your bike and maybe @HansO will be along to help.
He seems to know his sheet with tune ECU.

It is very important that you do NOT load a Roadster tune in your bike. It will not be good for your ECU. If you have a 2005 RIII then it is a "Standard". The "Classic" came out for the 2006 year model, although some were manufactured in 2005. The Classic will take Standard tunes.

Which air filters do you have? This is also important to know when installing a tune.

I'd like to get hold of the people peddling the notion that these pre 2010 Roadsters exist (or that non-Roadsters are all Classics, or that Tourings are Tourers) and belt them up the back of the head.

And @Busaboy , others are going to find it much easier to provide you with accurate advice if you put your bike details under your avatar. Just a suggestion…...

1) Is your motor really a 2005?
2) What does it have for intake air filter?
3) What does it have for exhaust?
Once you are positive of these three things, please post again with the info and you shall surely recieve a proper tune for your motor. :thumbsup:

1) Is your motor really a 2005?
2) What does it have for intake air filter?
3) What does it have for exhaust?
Once you are positive of these three things, please post again with the info and you shall surely recieve a proper tune for your motor. :thumbsup:

1) 2005 Rocket III with footpegs so it is NOT a classic, VIN 218240

2) Stock air box and air filter

3) Triumph TORS exhaust with the Triumph CAT bypass

Looking to decrease loud popping on decel and hopefully pick up some power. My buddies Harley Dyna 110 with a CAM, intake and exhaust totally smokes my stock Vulcan 2000 and Stratoliner. Was hoping the R3 would now return the favor but no dice. We are head to head in every run so far.

New to me 2005 TR3 Roadster, TORS no CAT, 23K miles. Third owner of bike. No idea what "tune" the bike has.

Bike pops a lot on decel and does not seem that fast. I looked for a baseline tune for the mods this bike has but no luck. Can someone give a link or number of the "base" tune from the dealer and improved tunes developed over time?
Here is a tune for you. Make sure to uncheck the O2 sensor box.

Attachments

• 20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass_Decel.zip
    146.2 KB · Views: 1
1) 2005 Rocket III with footpegs so it is NOT a classic, VIN 218240

Sorry for the hijack....but i bought mines(2 months ago) and it is my understanding that Is a classic, however It Does have footpegs..how can i tell using the vin?

Sorry for the hijack....but i bought mines(2 months ago) and it is my understanding that Is a classic, however It Does have footpegs..how can i tell using the vin?

You need to ask someone more knowledgable but AFAIK in 2005 Classics came with floorboards. My bike has footpegs with forward controls.

Back