ECU Maps may now be uploaded/downloaded here

C414B1CA-9B49-46DC-9B99-E582D96E46D3.jpeg
Open tune ECU then open it from the File > Open instead of doubling clicking the tune file.

If that doesn’t work you’ll need to download a newer version of tuneECU

Confused..com ......today I uploaded the CES with Ramair for the early Roadster but the map says 20352 which is the standard map?

Confused..com ......today I uploaded the CES with Ramair for the early Roadster but the map says 20352 which is the standard map?
Looks like a modified 20352. If you look at the left hand lower corner, you will see it was tweaked- rev limit 6700, thermo fan 94, speed limit 299. Most if not all modified ECU maps I've seen started as stock maps then improve up here and there for the better. I'm not sure if you can change the map number so I always check the parameters or secondary throttle numbers to confirm if it is modified from stock.

Ok Chandelierman lets go through this one step at a time.

From the photograph you have the green flashing light in the bottom right hand corner. That is good. Your software, cable and computer combination is connecting correctly with the bike ECU.

Now in the top left hand corner we can see what is loaded into the bike ECU - you have the serial number, the map number and the checksum. As you have stated the map loaded on the bike is 20352. Now please remember that the bike ECU will only ever show you a number, it has limited capacity to hold data - therefore it can not show text information added by ourselves to help identify the different files.

All of the maps that you download from the forum resource area or the TuneECU web site will use a base map that has been tweaked by some of the venerable contributors to this site. Depending on which year and model of Rocket that you have will determine which base maps can be used.
In my case the latest base map for a 2006 Rocket 3 Classic is 20228. What this means is that when I download a HansO tweaked map for my model Rocket no matter which version or tweak I download, the bike ECU only recognizes the 20228 base map number. However when you look at the tables and parameters on the listed on the left hand side you can see the tweaks that have been added.

So lets look at your map.
you are showing the graphical view of the F1 table which has some high value lines going up to and above 16000 - which probably is not standard
If you look at the bottom right hand side parameter figures
your Rev limit is 6700
Your fan is 94C
Your speed limit is 299km/h
I am not sure what your standard figures should be but I would guess that these are not standard also.

Now we get to the slightly complicated bit.
Did you load the tweaked file into TuneECU before you connected up to the bike? if so the program will show you 2 sets of information - or this is what I have found. The graphical data and parameters will be linked to the tweaked file that I had recently viewed and the ECU info was linked to my bike ECU. This is where some confusion might be created. The software holds the last data from the last file that it opened. I think that this is what you are seeing.

However if you have gone to ECU tab and chosen Read Map (3rd choice down) this takes some time and is registered by a green row at the bottom of the screen (in the area that states you destination at the moment). Usually you get a prompt from the package stating if the Read was completed successfully or not. In this case you should now be showing the current map and parameters loaded on the bike ECU.

If you read all of the documentation and listen to the experts you should ALWAYS read your bike loaded map first and save before loading a new map and then downloading into the bike ECU.

Again in my case the program would not read the map on the bike but I downloaded the HansO tweaked map anyway - as I knew it was ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
9EED185D-A354-4A45-B35B-0972BFFE18F8.jpeg
CA8A83F9-2C41-4218-8BFE-11FE54F013AC.jpeg
Ok Chandelierman lets go through this one step at a time.

From the photograph you have the green flashing light in the bottom right hand corner. That is good you software, cable and computer combination is connecting correctly with the bike ECU.

Now in the top left hand corner we can see what is loaded into the bike ECU - you have the serial number, the map number and the checksum. As you have stated the map loaded on the bike is 20352. Now please remember that the bike ECU will only ever show you a number, it has limited capacity to hold data - therefore it can not show text information added by ourselves to help identify the different files.

All of the maps that you download from the forum resource area or the TuneECU web site will use a base map that has been tweaked by some of the venerable contributors to this site. Depending on which year and model of Rocket that you have will determine which base maps can be used.
In my case the latest base map for a 2006 Rocket 3 Classic is 20228. What this means is that when I download a HansO tweaked map for my model Rocket no matter which version or tweak I download, the bike ECU only recognizes the 20228 base map number. However when you look at the tables and parameters on the listed on the left hand side you can see the tweaks that have been added.

So lets look at your map.
you are showing the graphical view of the F1 table which has some high value lines going up to and above 16000 - which probably is not standard
If you look at the bottom right hand side parameter figures
your Rev limit is 6700
Your fan is 94C
Your speed limit is 299km/h
I am not sure what your standard figures should be but I would guess that these are not standard also.

Now we get to the slightly complicated bit.
Did you load the tweaked file into TuneECU before you connected up to the bike? if so the program will show you 2 sets of information - or this is what I have found. The graphical data and parameters will be linked to the tweaked file that I had recently viewed and the ECU info was linked to my bike ECU. This is where some confusion might be created. The software holds the last data from the last file that it opened. I think that this is what you are seeing.

However if you have gone to ECU tab and chosen Read Map (3rd choice down) this takes some time and is registered by a green row at the bottom of the screen (in the area that states you destination at the moment). Usually you get a prompt from the package stating if the Read was completed successfully or not. In this case you should now be showing the current map and parameters loaded on the bike ECU.

If you read all of the documentation and listen to the experts you should ALWAYS read your bike loaded map first and save before loading a new map and then downloading into the bike ECU.

Again in my case the program would not read the map on the bike but I downloaded the HansO tweaked map anyway - as I knew it was ok.

I have been running the TORS map 20355 which has been Ok but not ideal ... I download the maps first then connect to bike then I grap the new file from my downloads ..so it is definitely reading / downloading the different map 20352 ...it just seemed strange how there are 2 maps with the same number but they both show different graphs ..... I thought I downloaded the wrong one so I started again ....I just want to make sure I’ve got the right one installed.....the top graph is standard 20355 bottom graph is CES with Ramair

Yep, that’s correct. The maps identify as their original file. I always do mapping in this order:

Connect to OB2 port
Connect to USB port
Key on bike
Start TuneECU
Wait for flashy green
Open tune I want to load
Download to ECU

Removes all potential of tuneecu doing anything weird.

The very high values at full throttle and high RPM show just how lean the stock map is on the top, and why I wouldn’t ever run a header equipped bike on a stock map. It’s not a trivial change in fueling.

Sorry Chandelierman I pressed the wrong button and posted before I was complete.

So it appears to me that you are nearly there.

I think you need to read your bike ECU map and save it first. This is a safety step to ensure you have something to fall back on if anything goes wrong during the download or you have a corrupt file. (ECU tab: Read map)

Then you can open the tweaked map file that you want to load into the bike ECU. This loads the tweaked data into TuneECU package whilst connected to the bike ECU. (File tab: Open map file)

Now you can download the tweaked file into the bike ECU. (ECU tab: Download). This replaces the data in the bike ECU with the tweaked data that you have chosen now stored in the TuneECU package.

Hopefully this helps and I have not got anything wrong.:thumbsup::)

Let us know how you get on.

I have been running the TORS map 20355 which has been Ok but not ideal ... I download the maps first then connect to bike then I grap the new file from my downloads ..so it is definitely reading / downloading the different map 20352 ...it just seemed strange how there are 2 maps with the same number but they both show different graphs ..... I thought I downloaded the wrong one so I started again ....I just want to make sure I’ve got the right one installed.....the top graph is standard 20355 bottom graph is CES with Ramair
You might want to upgrade to TuneECU 2.5.8 - That's current and has been stable for a while. I need my Windows Laptop to download my files. Tomorrow after work.

Sorry my computer has had a spasm and my second answer is out of sync.

Just noticed that Claviger has posted and he is far more knowledgeable than me with TuneECU.

Back