skydog1000

Living Legend
Ride
2009 RIII Classic 1980 Yahama XS1100
Was going 55 mph bike died nothing got pulled over started shifting down got to second and got power back gauges swept hit starter and away I went. Was getting dark no headlights checked all fuses all are good. Have daymakers led lights even tried my old stock headlight still no light. Have a @DEcosse keyless ignition. Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem.

Hmmm

scotty1-aye-captain-you-gotta-quit-smoking-the-dilithium-crystals.jpg

Just noticed had missed call from you Paul - sorry, was out walking with the Mrs and hadn't taken my phone.
You have the pdm60 version of my Key-Less;
The same channel output of the PDM60 supplies the starter solenoid as well as the headlights;
since the starter operated it cannot be the PDM60 output (or key-less controller)
You might take a look at the Starter Relay which directs the output from the PDM60 to either the headlights or the starter;
the relay must be throwing since the starter operated - and again, the input power (output from PDM60) must be good, again, because the starter fired.
But there may be burned connection in the normally-closed terminal of the relay.

Can you confirm whether or not you also have a headlight relay kit on your bike, or is the headlight wiring as per stock?

Is it same on Hi or Low beam? Neither works, on either lamp?
You could also take a look at the connector for the left-bar-switch.

Edit
I'm just taking a look at your configuration in my records
You did have an EB kit and I had recommended you connect the input supply going to those relays to the output of the starter relay together with the blue wire; the alternative config was that you would use the Red out channel for that connection;
so - with that in mind
1. If you used the red channel, and used a PosiTap to connect the EB Supply wire to the PDM60 channel wire then check that your PosiTap connection has not come undone.
2. If you did connect the EB Red supply wire along with the Blue wire in the relay, again make sure that the connection there is good and has not come undone

This was the schematic page I created for your config utilizing the EB headlight relay kit in conjunction with the PDM60

PDM60_EBkit.jpg

If you need me to I can re-send you the custom Installation Guide for your kit, that detailed the two options of connecting the EB Relay kit into your PDM60

Also note that I had suggested to just elminate the external fuse originally supplied in the EB Supply wire (not necessary with the PDM60 which is self-protecting) - don't know whether you did that or not - if fuse is still in play for that then that would be one of first things to check.

Last edited:
Back