Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Im installing a kill switch lanyard and was wanting verification on the kill switch being normally closed.

I would think tha normally open/closed would be the wrong terminology.
Off or on is what I think.
Also i need to look up the word lanyard
I think on with power batt+

Also they make kill switchs with pins and a strap to wrist so if anything goes wrong it will kill engine/power.

IMG_1183.jpeg

I believe it’s normally closed is what i think i see in electrical schematic, on some kill switch lanyards it matters, others will work on either type switch.

If we are talking relays then 5 prong relays can be either as in the 5 prong starter relay that works headlights when off then starter when on.

18 is kill switch, is it normally open or normally closed, i think its closed but i was hoping to confirm before i drop 150 and they make both, normally open normally closed. Im pretty sure its normally closed

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4
I believe it’s normally closed is what i think i see in electrical schematic, on some kill switch lanyards it matters, others will work on either type switch.
Yes the switch is in the normally closed
Position and when coil is energized then it will switch the circuit to power
The other terminal #87.
Relays that have 4 terminals cut the 87a terminals so do not have a normally closed termina

I would think tha normally open/closed would be the wrong terminology.
Off or on is what I think.
Also i need to look up the word lanyard
I think on with power batt+
im with ya, that is the way i look at them also off or on but normally open normally closed is how they are referred to in the electronics world

Back