2008 Rocket with LED headlights

2008 Rocket

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 Rocket
I had a 2006 Rocket SE and the ignition wires got hot and the solder melted causing the wires to separate from their posts. I know this was a common problem on the early Rockets up to I think about 2010 model year. The ignition switch was replaced at that time. Fast forward now to present and I now have a 2008 Rocket with LED headlights. Do I still need to install the Eastern Beaver headlight mod or am I OK since the bike has LED's now instead of the OEM bulbs. Thanks for your input.

I had a 2006 Rocket SE and the ignition wires got hot and the solder melted causing the wires to separate from their posts. I know this was a common problem on the early Rockets up to I think about 2010 model year. The ignition switch was replaced at that time. Fast forward now to present and I now have a 2008 Rocket with LED headlights. Do I still need to install the Eastern Beaver headlight mod or am I OK since the bike has LED's now instead of the OEM bulbs. Thanks for your input.
I'll happily be corrected on this. I have both LEDs and the EB mod. I think although LEDs use less running current there's still a certain induction draw thats quite high. I figure cost of EB vs switch? Buy the EB kit. Could probably of built a relay setup myself but not for the cost when you consider having to put the parts together...

Back