No 'good will' repair for 2008 R3

My 05 only has Ramair intake & TORs pipes with a tune.
Last year rode 810 miles to Stearns, Ky.
500 some odd miles in the twisty hills while there. The 810 back.
Cruising at 75-80 @ 3000 rpm on the interstates all I could think about was man this girl eats road. Had a couple of @sshats blow by me on their H-Ds & all I did was turn the screws a little bit to blow right back by them :roll: :roll: Gearing never crossed my mind as I didn’t even have to shift :whitstling:

You need to quit worrying about gearing and just derestrict the ole girl

Ok. I need to learn about TORS, the cat delete and crossover, best air intake option, and tuning.
If I get the floorboard mods done, that will help a lot. What has me worried is this thrust gap in the driveshaft linkage. The other drive shaft bike I had ridden was 20 years ago, a Honda and it's linkage was pretty tight. I have not checked the final drive level yet but plan to asap.

So my last bike was a 2017 suzuki m90. Bought it new. Came with a 1yr factory warranty.

I got to 1yr 4 months and a heatshield on my exhausts just falls off the bike. Thankfully not while I was riding as it easily could've punctured my tire.

Took it to the dealership and suzuki refused to replace it due to being out of warranty.

New heatshield was $200 and backordered...

That was when I was done with suzuki

Ok, 75 to 80 at 3000 rpm is about right then. I wish the 5th ratio was a bit taller but I can live with it. Does yours have a power lag (gap) between thrust input and final drive output?

Nope & I as well as others run a taller Bridgestone excedra max 255 (standard, not touring) on rear making for a slightly taller gear ;)

Ok. I need to learn about TORS, the cat delete and crossover, best air intake option, and tuning.
If I get the floorboard mods done, that will help a lot. What has me worried is this thrust gap in the driveshaft linkage. The other drive shaft bike I had ridden was 20 years ago, a Honda and it's linkage was pretty tight. I have not checked the final drive level yet but plan to asap.

Triumph off road (TOR)s factory pipes

just what i was thinking too.
triumph introduced a newer version of the head gasket , no official reason that i know of but strangely they still supply the old version too :confused:

i failed to note what the engine # the change was.

T1150189 - GASKET,CYLINDER HEAD (New version)

T1151150 - GASKET.CYLINDER HEAD.3 CYL (Old version)

Re "I failed to note what the engine # the change was."

I THINK all the Triumph part's listing references to Engine numbers for specific parts are actually referring to the last 6 digits of your VIN. Engine numbers do not match and are different. Any confirmation?

Yep
T1151150 was early > engine No. 254213
Came as part of Complete Full engine gasket kit T3990089 and Head gasket kit T3990092
T1150189 engine No.254214 >
Came as part of Complete Full engine gasket kit T3990093 and Head gasket kit T3990092

Back