Next Generation Key-Less System

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Sorry John - it was not practical to offer Beta to anyone outside of the US - that would have been prohibitive for dialogue and fixes which as it turned out, became necessary.
And the cost & time for overseas shipping both ways was just impractical.

So my apologies to any of our overseas friends (particularly some of the 'senior' members in Oz) if you weren't asked - it was purely the logistics of it.
You had already explained to me and I understood the reasoning as it would have resulted in some Mega Postage Costs, I appreciated the deal you gave me, also in response to one of the other guys questions I have noticed that I have to be within about 6 feet to activate and about 15 feet to turn off the system

Available now (that one in the OP is good to go :D)
I have parts on hand for 6 kits - Christmas is coming!
For various reasons I will not post prices publicly - please PM for serious inquiry.
I just go rob a bank :)

... I have noticed that I have to be within about 6 feet to activate and about 15 feet to turn off the system

There is actually a little delay on the turn signal lamp flash Hans, vs the true arm/disarm condition - if you could see the actual status LED on the instrument panel (which IS the absolute indicator of armed/disarmed) you would find it actually is already disarmed at much earlier than by the time you see the turns flash; and similarly when walking away. That's why the off & on ranges appear to be skewed.
The turns flashing is not really the point at where the system is enabled or disabled, it is when the LED on the panel comes on or off.
The fact that you tend to be actually moving also affects that perceived trigger point - if you take just single steps and wait then eventually find that point where it 'hits' you can take one step backwards and it will arm, then one step forward and it will disarm. So it's more the timing of your own covering the ground as you walk towards or away (coupled with what you are looking at as indicator is the turn signal) that creates the appearance of the range being different to arm/disarm.

^ None of that is of real practical consequence! :D
The ranges are approximate anyway and will vary from system to system and highly dependent on the antenna location (and even environmental conditions) - that is why I advise to locate in under the seat on the fender - I could have potentially affixed to side of the box! - the tank being metal might potentially impede or attenuate the signal.

Sorry John - it was not practical to offer Beta to anyone outside of the US - that would have been prohibitive for dialogue and fixes which as it turned out, became necessary.
And the cost & time for overseas shipping both ways was just impractical.

So my apologies to any of our overseas friends (particularly some of the 'senior' members in Oz) if you weren't asked - it was purely the logistics of it.

Woah! I'm surprised that you even bothered to reply me. I fully understand your considerations. It's definitely not practical at all.

I have noticed that I have to be within about 6 feet to activate and about 15 feet to turn off the system
Ta Hans. Need to measure - but generally my "keys" are within 15 feet with ease. At a guess about 4 metres tops albeit with a wall or two. So for me this may be somewhat impractical.

I'm late to the party, but was fortunate to be a part of the testing. Ken was absoutely remarkable in his commitment and service. After a few hurdles, the system has been working flawlessly. I love just walking up to the bike and taking off. The system activates at about 6-8ft and deactivates at about 10-12ft for me. This is a perfect upgrade for any rider.

If only he'd design a system for my Mean Streak

Thanks for kind words @dragonjocky - much appreciated!

... If only he'd design a system for my Mean Streak

Is that a Kwacker Vulcan?

If you're serious, could certainly take a look at that - generally can mate to most bikes, although might not be quite as 'clean' an install as the Triumphs, where most everything interfaces nicely through the Triumph Harness Alarm connector.
But I've done for many different marques/models including a Kawasaki Police Bike!!!! :D
Exceptions are generally where there is a chip immobilizer.

I'll search for a schematic (or if you can point me to one, that would be helpful)
The other things I would need are connector pics and mounting location/harness lengths.

Post Script:
downloaded a manual - looks doable

Last edited:
Back