New England / North East Ride?

I don't think Rick M likes annal fairy rides :confused: :eek:
I will be in Diana with my wife March 11-16. Lets try to meet if it works. I will be staying with my brother but would like to get a chance to meet you. I probably won't have a bike with me.

Not sure, but they may be only 2 in town. There is also a campground just outside town that has hostel type accommodations very cheap

So it looks like my wife may be joining me for this ride. I am not 100% sure about this yet, but discussions have started. Perhaps some of you will have your wife, girlfriend or better half with you. Hopefully she finds a nice little Trumpet to buy at the Bash. Or at least one I could add to the stable for those days when a small bike is in order.

I may not be able to attend this ride if it is the first weekend in June. I am (was) really looking forward to the Bennington Bash as it seemed to fit everyone's schedule to meet. And what better place to meet than at a Triumph rally. I will be having surgery to repair a large tear in the medial meniscus and a minor tear in the lateral meniscus in my right knee. I injured my knee back in February while snowblowing my driveway off all things. I feel on the ice and tried to hold myself up while my legs were trying to do a split. I can't do splits but my knees decided to prove me wrong, and thus the injury. I actually hurt both knees, but my insurance will only allow an exam on one knee at a time. Is that the stupidest thing you've ever heard? So surgery has been scheduled for May 8. According to the Dr. My recovery time could be as little as 2 weeks and as much as 6 weeks. Due to the larger tear the surgery or repair is a bit more major and invasive, therefore the longer recovery may be needed.

Unfortunately the MRI shows I also damaged the Patellar ligament, stress fracture of the Patella or kneecap, tore the MCL and deterioration of the cartilage on the femur. Apparently as my body matures my mind and behavior should do so equally, it hasn't. So years of kick starting and riding big four stroke dirt bikes, Ironheads and shovelheads is starting to catch up with me.

I just read this post on the Triumph Bennington Bash Face Book Page. their Inter web page is unavailable. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be attending.

"Hi everyone. A little more than two months to go till the Bennington Triumph Bash! We've got a bunch of info to post in the next few days, including dinner registration details.

Our room block at the Paradise expires in two weeks, so if you haven't booked yet, do so! Call the Paradise Inn at 802-575-5784 and mention that you're booking a room for the Bennington Triumph Bash."

Todays facebook message from the Bennington Bash organizers.

The BTB website is back up. The server has been moved to a temporary hosting location that should be a lot more stable.

Dinner announcement coming soon!

Home

Tonights facebook post for the Bash;

Hey everyone. We've got details on the Saturday dinner!

Buffet menu:
House green salad with signature Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette or Ranch

Warm rolls with Vermont Cabot whipped butter

Roasted herb-encrusted sirloin served in its own au jus with horseradish cream sauce. (Please note that this will be set up at a carving station, with one visit per person.)
Chicken Cacciatore: tender pieces of chicken, braised in white wine with red bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.

We will also have an a la carte vegetarian option (please select the appropriate order link in the comments below so the Mt Anthony Country Club knows how many vegetarian meals to prepare):
Wild mushroom ravioli in a sage cream sauce

Cookies and Coffee Fresh baked cookies and coffee/tea station.

Price this year is $32.50 including all tax, tips, and fees.

Back